Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Match Thread*** Tues 26/10 21:15 Wes1 -vs- Dynamos

Options
  • 24-10-2010 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Clay - in
    Conor - in
    Keith - in
    Gav - in
    Glenn -
    Jules - in
    Ciaran - in
    Dave B -
    Ronan D - in
    Gary D - out
    Eammon - in
    Kenny - in
    Cathal - in
    Eoin -
    Collie - in
    Anto -
    Tony - in

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I'm in Des

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

jaysis Keith, you must have this forum constantly open and pressing F5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

He has no life, he posts over in the Stargate forum all the time sure ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Just hoping to be made the third mod Des!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Being a mod is not all it's cracked up to be. It's mostly just sitting around waiting for something exciting to happen. Which in the case of the maths forum is once every 2 to 6 years.

• Advertisement

Well with the way my shooting goes for this team, it'll be between 2-6 years before i score again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

I Am In

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I'm out unfortunately, travelling with work and may miss next week as well.

Eamonns in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

0-0, still unbeaten, and the only unbeaten team in the league now.

impossible conditions, pass the ball and a gust takes it the other way or stops it dead, can't judge the flight of it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Yeh, I don't think I've ever struggled to control the ball or play accurate passes as much as I did into the that massive swirling gale down their end in the first half of the second half. We got to grips with it much better in the final quarter and it was telling that all our best chances came in that period even though we were a man down for a bit of it.

While it was very difficult to get any flowing game going, we stuck to our guns very well and did play some nice moves and with hitting the woodwork twice and another couple of very good opportunities, it wouldn't have been robbery if we'd taken the 3 points, but we never looked like losing though it's still a point gained as the weather made it a bit of lottery.

Great communication and encouragement all around the pitch was a good factor in us keeping our heads and pushing on.

• Advertisement

Was a solid performance is very difficult conditions. With the 2 balls off the woodwork we could have nicked it as Jules as you said at the start sometimes you get a bit of luck and Eamons cross had it went in would have been a serious bit of luck.

Also Ciarans sending off, completely over the top by the ref. Kennys not so much :)

Also, we've got the tightest defense in the league so far, lets keep it up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

It's hard to describe how much the wind spoiled the game. You couldn't cross the ball to the back post from the far side.

It had the look of a 0-0 draw from early on simply because there could be no control of the game, no pressure built up. Defenders could mis-kick a ball easily, but then the strikers couldn't get on the end of it.

I was also very quickly jealous of the shelter of the benches on the other pitch:)

Advertisement