Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eating disorder

Options
  • 24-10-2010 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I've had an eating disorder for years and have recieved treatment in the past for anorexia. Since recovering from anorexia I kind of I guess replaced it with bulimia I have been reffered to st. vincents in elm park. Has anyone been in treatment there for bulimia I thought they only treated anorexia. If anyone could shead some light on what to expect that would be great as my anxiety about is through the roof.:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭P.A.C

Hiya iv just started attending vincents ED clinic for bullimia.
    Dr Maher is lovely. You see the dr also a dietician and a coucilor.
    I havent seen the coucelor yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 elmo25

ah sound thanks for the reply puts my mind at rest. Was searching the net looking for info on it there is nothing. I hate not knowing what to expect nerves were getting the better of me. Am going this week so well I guess it's only the start. Is there a wait between your assesment and seeing the dietician and coucilor ?
    The best of luck with you treatment hope it goes well for you xxxxx:)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭P.A.C

I was very quick getting an apointmentment with dietition only about 3 weeks. There seems to be a longer waiting list for the counceling.
    And the good thing for me was that there wasnt many in the waiting room and very short wait to go in. That makes all the difference.
    Best of luck with your treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

It's a long time but I done some of my training there; for EDs it is considered to be one of the best treatment facilities in the country. Best of luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 elmo25

Thanks for the info guys. Feel better going now, reckon i'll get some sleep tonight. :) Might try talk the boyfriend into coming to keep me company, hum interesting thought.

• Advertisement
Advertisement