Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring contacts from Sony Ericsson C902 to SE Xperia X10

Options
  • 24-10-2010 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

As the title suggests, I'm having problems transferring my contacts from a C902 to a X10. One thing to note, the "call" and left "select" buttons on the C902 are broken.

So far I've looked at/tried:
    • Transfer by SIM: unsatisfactory as I have too many contacts and I need to transfer the calendar as well.
    • Transfer by Bluetooth: the broken buttons won't let me "send all contacts" by Bluetooth
    • Transfer by memory card: the phones use different types, M2 vs. microSD
    • Sync via SE PC Suite: compatible with C902 but not X10
    • Sync via SE Sync: compatible with both phones but Vodafone have removed it as an option from the X10
    Some other options/things I came across in my travels but don't know how to proceed with are:
    • C902 has syncML and Exchange Active Sync
    • X10 has Google sync
    • Is it possible to but Sony Ericsson Sync back on the X10?
    • Contacts are backed up to both C902 memory card and my computer, is it possible to transfer these to the X10?
    • Heard mention of CSV files but I don't know how to export from the C902 or import to the X10 (if it's possible at all)
    I've tried to use syncML to export to Google with the intention of importing to the X10 via Google sync but the export fails.

Any help appreciated.
    (and before anyone asks, yes, I have searched boards and google and as yet I haven't found a solution)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

I guess the Sunday morning of a bank holiday weekend wasn't the best time to post a query! Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭lissard

Try exporting your contacts from the SE Sync software into a CSV file and then import the CSV file into your gmail contacts. Android will automatically pull all these contacts into your phone. I did this with an SE W595.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

Thanks lissard.

The contacts were already on my computer in My Documents>Contacts, presumably from the SE PC Suite synchronisation. From there, I did as you said
    • Exported the contacts to a csv file
    • imported the csv file to my gmail account
    • sync'ed my phone with my gmail using Google sync on the phone

Advertisement