Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question For All Of You Recording!

Options
  • 23-10-2010 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

I recently started recording myself and my youtubes doing well enough (200subs in a month), the video that im recording looks fine but what im looking at isnt! i mean the actual tv, i record using an ezcap so i have so record using splitters so i think this may be the problem but is there anyway around this?

one final quick question: How come my videos on youtube arent as good looking quality wise as on my laptop?
    thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

1st question: Get a powered splitter.

2nd question: Youtubes codecs are crap, and also it's probably forcing the definition into either 240 or 360 def, you can manually change this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭IrishWelshCelt

1st question: Get a powered splitter.

2nd question: Youtubes codecs are crap, and also it's probably forcing the definition into either 240 or 360 def, you can manually change this up.

thanks but whats a powered splitter, how much our they and where can i obtain one?
    thanks.

You'll have to dig around the net, but it's something like this.

http://www.national-tech.com/specs/s-video-splitter/40s1-09602.htm

Basically it boosts the signal so splitting doesn't cause any degredation (or lag, lag is a hugggge issue for the games I record).

You'll have to dig around the net, but it's something like this.

http://www.national-tech.com/specs/s-video-splitter/40s1-09602.htm

Basically it boosts the signal so splitting doesn't cause any degredation (or lag, lag is a hugggge issue for the games I record).

thanks but i was looking for something a bit cheaper! would better quality splitters do?

thanks but i was looking for something a bit cheaper! would better quality splitters do?

Possibly. You could probably find a chinese powered splitter for cheaper on ebay though, I think animaX did that.

In fact it's him you really need to talk to :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

the video that im recording looks fine but what im looking at isnt! i mean the actual tv

What do you mean?

Are you talking about while playing the game?

It will look better on the PC because the resoultion is higher and on the TV your playing in Standard Definition

Tallon wrote: »
    What do you mean?

Are you talking about while playing the game?

It will look better on the PC because the resoultion is higher and on the TV your playing in Standard Definition

the recording looks fine its just what im looking at when im playing, the picture quality isnt as good and the screen is darker than usual

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

You will need to adjust your screen brightness and contrast.

Sounds like It's your TV thats the problem

Advertisement