Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Secret Life of the National Grid - BBC4

Options
  • 23-10-2010 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

If you ever wanted to know why BBC4 is the best "boutique" channel... :)

The Secret Life of the National Grid

BBC 4
    Tuesday, October 26th, 2010
    9:00pm to 10:00pm and 12:00am-1.00 am

Wiring the Nation. Episode 1
    Three-part series charting the history of the national electricity grid. The opening part takes us from the epic construction of the first grid in the 1920s and 30s to the challenge of making sure there is power at the flick of a switch today. Using rare archive and personal accounts it reveals the heroic efforts, architectural masterpieces and engineering achievements behind the real power map of Britain. Contributors include author Will Self, urban planner Sir Peter Hall and grid veterans.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

****ing hate not having it on the EPG, never going to remember to watch that. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭ClareVisitor

They had a secret life of the motroway programme a year or two ago that was interesting. I'll look forward to this one also.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

mike65 wrote: »
    If you ever wanted to know why BBC4 is the best "boutique" channel... :)

The Secret Life of the National Grid

BBC 4
    Tuesday, October 26th, 2010
    9:00pm to 10:00pm and 12:00am-1.00 am

Wiring the Nation. Episode 1
    Three-part series charting the history of the national electricity grid. The opening part takes us from the epic construction of the first grid in the 1920s and 30s to the challenge of making sure there is power at the flick of a switch today. Using rare archive and personal accounts it reveals the heroic efforts, architectural masterpieces and engineering achievements behind the real power map of Britain. Contributors include author Will Self, urban planner Sir Peter Hall and grid veterans.

Please enlighten me - what on earth is a "boutique" channel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

One that isn't like BBC1/ITV1/Sky1 and one that is like Sky Arts/BBC4 :) They show particular types of programmes and just as importantly don't show other types.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

as an engineer I'm looking forward to this.

Definitely one of the best channels, no mindless dross. In case anyone didn't realise, the BBC changed some frequencies last week. I was worried we would no longer get it until I checked over on the Satellite TV forum http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056059955&page=6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

How's the serenity?

Pretty interesting so far, fair play to BBC 4.

Advertisement