Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contributors Wanted For A Documentary On The George

Options
  • 23-10-2010 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

ello everybody my name is Gavin and I'm a student in the Bray Institute of Further Education. As a part of our production course we have to shoot a documentary film that's 27 mins long. I, along with 2 other students in the class, chose ,as a subject, The George and how its celebrating its 25th year of opening. We're looking for folks young and old (mainly old) to tell us their experiences of The George and what meaning it has for them. As it is now 25 years in operation we would like mainly older folks who may remember when it first open in 1985 and what kind of atmosphere it had then before the decriminalization of homosexuality in 1993 and after. What, if anything, had changed?
    Another possible angle we could go with is what relevance does it have now that there are more gay pubs and nightclubs opened up such as Pantibar etc?

If you've been going to The George for a significant amount of time I'd love to hear from you.
    Thank you very much for your time
    Gavin

Comments

Advertisement