Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs in Cork City that serve German beer on draught?

Options
  • 23-10-2010 8:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

Hi.

Does anyone know of pubs that serve German on tap in Cork City?
    The only one I know of so far is The Oval Bar on South Main Street (Paulaner beer).

Thanks.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭invaderjim

As far as I know Sober Lane serves Paulaner as well. I think the Bier Haus on popes quay does too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I'm surpriseed Paulaner isn't everywhere, with Heineken based in the city. Look out for Fischer too: I think a few places in Cork have it but I couldn't say where. The Bierhaus is a good bet, generally.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Worztron

Thank you invaderjim & BeerNut (very apt name for this thread ;))

I will check out those pubs mentioned above and also look out for Fischer beer.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭invaderjim

I'll keep my eyes open this evening. Let me know if you come across any pubs serving Augustiner! can't seem to find it anywhere in Cork.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Have you tried the Abbot's? If they have it in the off licence you can drink it in the bar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭sammalone

Paulaner is available in plenty pubs on drught or in bottles. My favourite pub by a long shot for european beers in bottle and draught is Fionbarra on Douglas Street. Great selecton there and they have something new almost every month and the staff are very friendly, nice beer garden too!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Worztron

Cheers sammalone. I will check out Fionbarras.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Fionnbarra is a nice spot alright. Nice beer and a relaxed atmosphere with a good mix of customers.

Advertisement