Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland-England ODI August 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Full house for the Aussie game; something like 10000 I think. Was a great day, brilliant atmosphere and the ground was fantastic.

Cant wait for this one. Like you say, shame its only a one off. Would it kill them to make it a 3 game series?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Yeah that's why I was wondering about the Aussie attendance, a full crowd is great considering they were the most expensive tickets they've sold, so they would have no trouble selling out a few England games then.

Its a real pity then its just the single game what with the constant threat of rain we have here. Even a 20/20 and an odi over 3 days would have been great.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Firehen

As far as I can remember, it wasn't quite 10,000 (perhaps 6,000 or so), but was close to a sellout.

Space in Castle Avenue for seated stands is quite limited, so I reckon it'll be around the same size (and price).

Accoring to the match report on BBC it was only 4500. I could have sworn it was a lot more than that... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

I hope they don't just put out a mickey mouse team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

djimi wrote: »
    Accoring to the match report on BBC it was only 4500. I could have sworn it was a lot more than that... :confused:

They are correct.
    That is the limit of seating at that particular ground.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

d'Oracle wrote: »

or let Paul Collingwood captain

d'Oracle wrote: »

It would be a bloody disgrace if they did. If the Australians could send over a decent strength team then I dont see why it would kill England to do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

djimi wrote: »
    It would be a bloody disgrace if they did. If the Australians could send over a decent strength team then I dont see why it would kill England to do the same.

The last England ODI team we played outside the WC was a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Firehen

Unfortunately, that's the way its going to be.

Its like in rugby when the top nations play the likes of Georgia, Romania etc. They've got some useful players, and aren't bad teams, but the reality is if you can field an understrength side in a low priority match and still be favourites, you're gonna do it.

Hopefully we give them a hiding and they won't do it again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭DonRosco

I just went to buy some tickets for this, and they're apparently "not on sale":
    Tickets are currently not available online for one of the following reasons. Please check back for availability.

Tickets may not be on sale yet
    Tickets may not be available at this time. More tickets may become available later
    Tickets may not be available online just hours before an event occurs
    On rare occasions, tickets may only be available at Ticket Centres or the box office

Don't tell me it's sold out?! I'll be properly fuming with myself if I missed out on tickets :(

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Renno

I haven't heard anything offical, but it's pretty likely it's sold out. It's been close for weeks

Nooooo!!!! ****. Curse my procrastination.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭actwithoutwords

Phew. Had a feeling it would sell out sharpish if we got a big win during the World Cup, so snaffled tickets within half an hour of Mooney hitting those winning runs in Bengaluru just in case.
    Can't wait for this. The Aussie game last year was great craic altogether. Was down where Hussey was fielding, who got an absolute roasting from the crowd (good natured obviously). Fingers crossed with the weather. After the result in the CWC England will surely be genuinely hungry for a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

ah crap procrastinated and didnt get any. :mad::mad:

Guess I will have to ask around the club to see if anybody has some spare or perhaps some Boards cricket forum users have some they are willing to part with.

Don't panic, chaps. I emailed Sue Wickham, and she got back to me with this:
    Hi Ross,

The remaining tickets have been taken off line whilst we reconfigure
    some of the seating arrangements. They will hopefully be back on line
    by the middle of next week.

Kind regards,

Sue

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I'ld love to go to this game. Anyone of ye know where I can get the tickets for this... thanks. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

I'ld love to go to this game. Anyone of ye know where I can get the tickets for this... thanks. :)

Reading the thread would let you know that the tickets are on ticketmaster, but have temporarily been withdrawn pending some reconfiguring of the seats.

Advertisement