Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power supply upgrade?

Options
  • 22-10-2010 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

I have a compaq presario sr2029uk and I was wondering if I could upgrade the power supply? I want to upgrade my GPU from a nVidia 7500LE to something a little fancier :D (It has a 300w supply already) Im a noob with hardware so be nice :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

its not really worth upgrading tbh,
    the cost of the upgrade would not be far off the value of the PC so its probably better to sell it and put your money towards a new build.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭onzlo

Oh right, ah well thanks anyway

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Hmm... what version of the sr2029 do you have? If its the Core 2 version with 2GB RAM you could just sling a HD5670 in for some gaming :) The PSU is only good for 228W on the 12V rail but if you kept the graphics card below the 50W mark (HD5570/5670/4770/5750 are good for gaming, in increasing order of thirst and power) you'd be fine and with a weak old C2D CPU you wouldn't want anything much more powerful anyway! :o

If its a Pentium 4 or Pentium D version though... probably only good for scrap at this point :(

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭onzlo

Sorry its a sr2129uk, it's a 1.87ghz c2d and that intel VIIV thing. It has a nvidia 7500le (weak, i know)

Advertisement