Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got this email

Options
  • 21-10-2010 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    My name is Mike Montgomery and I’m writing to you on behalf of the Production Team of a major new feature-length documentary about Formula One racing (see below for more information about the project) because we are urgently looking for the help of F1 fans...
    If you, or anyone you know, owns original 8mm film footage or photographs shot at F1 Grand Prix between 1968 and 1981, or any other shots of the big F1 names from that golden era, then we want to hear from you – especially if you think you have something that shows an important moment of F1 history.
    The dynamic style of our film draws on footage from many sources – from TV feeds from the 70s, to top-end trackside 35mm footage to unseen 8mm footage or photographs shot by F1 fans. If you have ANY footage, then please contact me at this email address: racingmovie@ymail.com
    Please provide some contact information, and give us a rough idea of what you have and when it was shot. If your footage is relevant to us, I’ll get back to you and we can discuss how to take things forward.
    We have a simple system in place for procuring footage – a major priority is that your rights are protected throughout, and usable footage will ONLY change hands once a written agreement is in place. Apart from the fact that the footage we use will be licensed properly and paid for, hopefully you agree it would be pretty exciting to have your film included in what’s going to be a very dynamic and definitive F1 movie.
    Thanks for taking the time to read this email, and I look forward to hearing from you.
    Best wishes,
    Mike Montgomery
    ABOUT THE PROJECT: The film, as yet untitled, is directed by Paul Crowder, the man behind critically acclaimed and multiple award-winning sports documentaries Dogtown, Riding Giants and Once In A Lifetime. It is being written by Mark Monroe who in March this year collected an Oscar for his most recent documentary film The Cove. It is being produced by Michael Shevloff (Flat-Out Films) and Nigel Sinclair of Spitfire pictures - an LA and UK based film company whose documentary credits also include Martin Scorcese’s recent feature documentary No Direction Home.
    The film is officially sanctioned and backed by Bernie Ecclestone and Formula One Management, who have the following press release on their website: http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2010/2/10423.html

What do you think is it a scam? I have no photos or film anyway - would love to know where they got my email.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭high heels

What is the email address? and are you involed in motorsport media?

Wouldent think its a scam.. All TV stations in the 60s 70s and 80s would reuse tapes with out keeping masters so alot of stuff is gone. I know the British bikes production company is looking for any home taps of races from the 80s As no one kept masters..

But if you do have footage you could charge a fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

high heels wrote: »
    What is the email address? and are you involed in motorsport media?

Wouldent think its a scam.. All TV stations in the 60s 70s and 80s would reuse tapes with out keeping masters so alot of stuff is gone. I know the British bikes production company is looking for any home taps of races from the 80s As no one kept masters..

But if you do have footage you could charge a fee.

I dont have any involvement in motorsport or the media just a fan. I never answer these type of emails back. Just curious to know where they got my email frim. Checked formula1.com - they actually are making a film.

Advertisement