Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technical query regarding SRAM X.9 jockey wheel replacement

Options
  • 21-10-2010 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭

I did a google search to try and find out but failed miserably :( I posted the question I have here because that was a thread that showed up in the search results but no answer yet. I am going to ask ye too because I know there are some experts on the technical stuff around, and need to get an answer pretty soon! Thanks in advance, prepare yourself for it!!! :D
    Hey guys, my bottom jockey wheel in my SRAM X.9 rear derailleur is worn out. I know the upper pulley is a bit more complicated with the offset screw but what about the lower one? If all goes to all I will just get this set for about 20euro but I would rather just replace the one as the other is actually perfect.

Is there anything unusual about the lower jockey/pulley wheel that will stop me from being able to just replace it with any 11t Shimano/SRAM jockey wheel? I have a spare one of these standard jockey wheels and it just didnt seem to work right, seemed to be tilted off to one side no matter what i did to it causing the chain run off line to one side to rub off the derailleur cage.

The only difference to the eye that I can see is that the centre circle covering the bearings which wedges inbetween the two sides of the derailleur cage is much bigger on the official SRAM x.9 wheels as opposed to many other jockey wheels. It is the silver part on the link to the ebay product above or you can see it on the picture on this page. The centre part is much bigger and the teeth protrude only very slightly from the centre mounting mechanism when you compare it to somethine like this which is what I have and doesn't seem to work properly.

So my question is where am I going wrong and what is the cheapest and best way to replace the lower/bottom pulley/jockey wheel on my SRAM X.9 rear derailleur.

Thanks very much in advance for your help I genuinely really appreciate it and look forward to hearing back from ye soon with some expert advice on how to get me back running smoothly again!!

Comments

Advertisement