Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Co-ed activities, Dublin

Options
  • 21-10-2010 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hey Im a teenage girl thats 15, 16 in a few months and I wanna make some new friends (got in a fight with old ones who were 3 girls over something stupid, things got ugly:(). Anyway I wanna know if any of you guys have ideas of any social activities that are co-ed preferably where I could make new friends in the Dublin area. And not scouts please:). And no jokes or comments on 'just getting out there' cause Im shy!

My intrests are playing guitar, reading, writing songs. I started San Shou and Kung Fu but I have lots of free time cause its 4th year so Id like other activities aswell. Throw out any ideas ( other than scouts:))

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Join a band maybe? There's always flyers up around music shops or schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Join a band maybe? There's always flyers up around music shops or schools.

Throw up an ad in the "Bands and Musicians" forum. Form a band!

Bands are awesome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Any kind of adventure sport. Wall climbing, kayaking etc. Youth clubs then obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭CrashBandicoot Girl

Those ideas are good except Im bit edgy on the band thing that Im lacking the confidence but I could give it a shot. Any other ideas?? Im up to hearing basically anything!:) Oh and kayaking sounds really good because I love it except does anyone know anywhere people my age can do it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

And not scouts please:).

Here, scouts is amazing. Take that back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Join organisations! Liiiike the Irish Red Cross, Order of Malta, etc. Met so many friends through the Red Cross now, all great people. You also learn life-saving skills, which are handy enough. :P

Here, scouts is amazing. Take that back.

LOL Im not dissing scouts, it looks really good its just one is near me is supposed to be crap. Theres one thats far away from me though thats supposed to be good but Its far away and Im acquaintances with a girl who goes there and shes a leader. And I dont think it would be my scene anyway:)

jumpguy wrote: »
    Join organisations! Liiiike the Irish Red Cross, Order of Malta, etc. Met so many friends through the Red Cross now, all great people. You also learn life-saving skills, which are handy enough. :P

How did you get into that? And whats the order of Malta??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

How did you get into that? And whats the order of Malta??
    The Order of Malta is another voluntary humanitarian service. I got into the Red Cross by doing a first aid course run by them, once I had that done I got roped into other things. You can progress higher (as in, go on from basic first aid up to intermediate, do other courses in specific areas like defibrillators, radios, etc, to progressing up to be pretty much a paramedic), do competitions, go on duties (see concerts and shiz for free, was talking to a girl who got to go to Electric Picnic last year with it).

It requires interest, but it's no harm doing a basic first aid course anyway and see how you get on. Nothing ventured, nothing gained! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Also if you're taking up sports I'd recommend taking up just one seriously or two at most if you have the time. You'll get to know people much easier if you're all training together a few times a week instead of just the once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Comhairle Na Nóg, then Dail Na Nóg if possible.

Trust me on that one please!.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Omg Go Horse Riding
    It is actually the most awesomest thing ever, like 10years later and Its still what gets me through the week! :P
    Its honestly so fun and horses are the prettiest animals ever <3

I wouldnt go horseriding cause one bit me when I was little:(, and whats Comhairle na nOg?

I wouldnt go horseriding cause one bit me when I was little:(, and whats Comhairle na nOg?

Junior County Council.

Advertisement