Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladbrokes at times you're a joke

Options
  • 21-10-2010 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭

Shop Money Back today in the 4.05 Brighton .....if your horse finishes 2nd beaten by 5 lengths or more, refund stake up to €200.
    Now most people might think that's a reasonable offer until the distance of the race was checked.......the race was 7 furlongs, 10/3 the field! :eek:.
    How do they expect people to get excited about an offer like that.
    Heard that Ladbrokes have doubled their budget for shops specials to take on Powers.
    If that's the type of offers on offer, I for one will be staying away.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Noticed Mulholland's are doing some decent ones,there was a double SP at one case to the winner of a certain race. I like the wheel in Ladbrokes,do a bet between 10 and 50 quid between 12-2 and 5-6 and if it loses you spin the wheel and can win your stake back in the form of a free bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Shop Money Back today in the 4.05 Brighton .....if your horse finishes 2nd beaten by 5 lengths or more, refund stake up to €200.
    Now most people might think that's a reasonable offer until the distance of the race was checked.......the race was 7 furlongs, 10/3 the field! :eek:.
    How do they expect people to get excited about an offer like that.
    Heard that Ladbrokes have doubled their budget for shops specials to take on Powers.
    If that's the type of offers on offer, I for one will be staying away.

thats a pretty sad offer to say the least
    i can never find a reason to go to a ladbrokes shop other than if
    i badly needed to wee
    they offer the punter absolutely nothing and never have...at least
    nothing that would bring people in.
    i have the choice of muls, pp and lads and anyday i gamble i go to
    muls and then pp and take which has the best price.
    i found in the past lads were always that half point or point shorter
    than others

Lads am I the only one who uses Celtic first?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

+1
    Celtic have improved massively over the last few months with some really good offers.
    Also in the Racing Post every day, there's a Free €5 matched bet so bet €5, hand in the voucher and have another €5 on something.
    (Mind you the price of the RP needs to come down!).
    Now if only they had a shop near me. :(.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    +1
    Celtic have improved massively over the last few months with some really good offers.
    Also in the Racing Post every day, there's a Free €5 matched bet so bet €5, hand in the voucher and have another €5 on something.
    (Mind you the price of the RP needs to come down!).
    Now if only they had a shop near me. :(.

I always take the voucher from the paper they have in the shop that they've supplied so it's all good :pac:

• Advertisement

In the Powers and Boyles shops I go into, the vouchers are always still there!

That's the same in the Celtic ones. Go in there and go to Celtic and place your bet and get your free ones,I find the Celtic prices are often better than Powers' anyway,I can go to both as they're beside each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

greetings wrote: »
    That's the same in the Celtic ones. Go in there and go to Celtic and place your bet and get your free ones,I find the Celtic prices are often better than Powers' anyway,I can go to both as they're beside each other.

Paddy Power offer the worst prices imaginable. That is the only thing Ladbrokes have over them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Bet365 lads

The only way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭finbarrk

ft9 wrote: »
    Bet365 lads

The only way to go

Fair enough, but I think the OP was on about actual shops.

• Advertisement

finbarrk wrote: »
    Fair enough, but I think the OP was on about actual shops.

Yeah i know, and my advice is still Bet365

Where are the Bet365 shops then? :eek:

My point was about the "offers" that Ladbrokes are doing in their shops at the moment which are terrible.

who said they have shops?

Shop Money Back today
    for shops specials

The thread was started about Shop Specials in Ladbrokes and then other bookie shops.
    You posted in the thread and mentioned Bet365 so one would assume that it was in relation to the thread about Shops specials so therefore when you mention Bet365, it would be a gimme that it was in relation to their shop specials.
    Now as we all know Bet365 don't have shops here so you might have been better off starting a new thread talking about Bet365 great offers on the Net?

What im saying is that i think bet365 is far better service than using shops, no need to be gettin all narky over it

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

Interestingly, Bet365 have 59 shops! None in Ireland (yet) though.

Ladbrokes have improved their specials a lot in the last few months, the one the OP mentioned was ****e but they've some good ones too. Very competitve on prices imo.

Was trying to make the point about a shop special and as Bet365 didn't have shops here wasn't really a valid comparison.
    Would like to see more shops like Bet365 & Betfred open up here in numbers as a bit of competition is always welcome.
    Wouldn't disagree about Bet365, would include Stan James in the up there list.

Ladbrokes shop special today.
    Money Back if 2nd beaten by
    5 lengths or more
    in a 11 runner 1m 4f handicap (7/2 field).

Another great Ladbrokes offer....not!

They also had Money Back if you backed Profound Beauty and it finished 2nd in the Melbourne Cup.
    Not bad offer until you look at their odds 14/1.
    Apart from Boyles 12/1, not one other bookie lower.
    16/1 all around except Hills PP & SJ at 20/1, Sporting Bet at 22/1 Best Price.
    I know you have to cover an offer some way but 14's is a bit on the low side (Boyles terrible at 12's).

Was in Mulhollands the other day. They paid out on a horse during the race,it was a 7/4 favourite. The worst scenario then occurred for them...Fav pulls up and the 2nd and 3rd favourite dead heat in a field of 5

2nd and 3rd favourite dead heat

Now that is funny. ;)

• Advertisement

I'd say they were raging. Lawl.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Some bookies pay full stake at full odds for a dead heat .
    l wonder if they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭shaggykev

yeah they do pay full odds on singles

must of cost them a fortune, sorry i missed that. They had some unreal specials for october. To the opening poster, why would anybody go to ladbrokes? they are utter cack for nearly everything and when they are top price on something, its normally for a very good reason

That was my point and if they keep putting up stupid money back offers like the ones I've seen in the last few weeks, they won't be seeing my business again.

I used to go when they had that wheel you could get your money back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭shaggykev

Mulhollands have some special this weekend

They'll refund all losing bets on Kauto Star if he falls

I've been betting with Mulholland's a fair bit lately,seems a good place. Exact same prices as Celtic,they're coming from the same feed.

Advertisement