Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Now Magazine

Options
  • 21-10-2010 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi everyone, can anyone tell me is Limerick Now Magazine pupular in Limerick. I set up some bussines and got an offer from them to place an advert, but maybe it's waste of money. Which newspaper is most pupular in Limerick?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I've never even heard of it. Limerick Post and the Limerick Leader get the biggest audiences, as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

jokasy wrote: »
    Hi everyone, can anyone tell me is Limerick Now Magazine pupular in Limerick. I set up some bussines and got an offer from them to place an advert, but maybe it's waste of money. Which newspaper is most pupular in Limerick?

Limerick post cant go wrong with them

ps
    never heard of Limerick Now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

jokasy wrote: »

I think its a Society type Magazine - Pictures of Margo Taylor-Sufferington and Annette Curtain drinking Champagne at the Chamber of Commerce Ball.

- Botox and Bullshít, I assume its only read by Folk who hope to see themselves in it, avoid :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Limerick Leader
    Limerick Post
    Limerick Chronicle

• Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Raiser wrote: »
    I think its a Society type Magazine - Pictures of Margo Taylor-Sufferington and Annette Curtain drinking Champagne at the Chamber of Commerce Ball.

- Botox and Bullshít, I assume its only read by Folk who hope to see themselves in it, avoid :D

Who ?? :confused::confused: or am i just out of the loop :D

Ive never heard of the mag myself either so thats not a good sign

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Never heard of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Depends on what you're selling really I would have thought?

If you are selling a niche, high end product that would only be of interest to a very specific group then it might make sense to advertise with them, but if you are looking for the widest possible advertising, the Post or the Leader would be better.

Afaik, Limerick Now is a version of the various Now magazines, there's a Galway Now (or was) as well as Cork one, iirc, they have a lot of the same content with different covers and different, area specific lead stories.

Ultimately it comes down to what you are selling and who your market is, without that info all anyone here can say is the magazines are niche products.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Who ?? :confused::confused: or am i just out of the loop :D

Ive never heard of the mag myself either so thats not a good sign

You really need to pick up a copy :eek:

Not to mind 'Who's Who' - You're more like - Who? What?

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Never heard of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

can any of you name any ad you saw in last weeks papers off the top of your head? Neither can I....

Stick an ad online, (Facebook or on the Google content network). They won't cost a whole lot to do...

But stick it in the paper if you want. I haven't come across that magazine in a good while...

Leader or Post I suppose, is your only man, or the Chronicle. Depends what you want to advertise, and who you want to see it? Will it be city folk or county folk?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

The only place I have seen that mag is at the Hairdressers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Never heard of it either. Would also recommend the Leader, Post, Chronicle and Independent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I dont read Limerick Now, but i'm surprised at the amount of people who've never heard of it. Its in every magazine stand in every newsagent across the city. That said, i would think its sales figures are at the lower end of the scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

The "Business Limerick" magazine would be better to advertise in I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

depends on what type of busines you have really.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Limerick Now is like the Limerick post with a higher price tag and fewer press releases from "community activists"

It is printed in Galway , so if you want to be more read and want to support local business then go for the Limerick Post. Even the Leader isn't owned locally any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

grenache wrote: »
    I dont read Limerick Now, but i'm surprised at the amount of people who've never heard of it..

Same here, I sometimes have a flickr through it in the shop for the pictures mind. They have a round up of Limerick weddings at the back sections. Great mag if you follow the likes of Niall Colgan and Celia Holman-Lee :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Langer

the limerick Post has the highest circulation, as far as i know (over 50,000 copies weekly). the limerick leader is owned by a Scottish Media group, and the Limerick Indo is gone.
    Limerick now is bi-monthly.
    whats the business?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Langer wrote: »
    the limerick Post has the highest circulation, as far as i know (over 50,000 copies weekly). the limerick leader is owned by a Scottish Media group, and the Limerick Indo is gone.
    Limerick now is bi-monthly.
    whats the business?

bi-monthly? it used to be monthly. all i know about it is that it is printed in Galway and alot of it is the same as Cork Now and Galway Now

Advertisement