Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons

Options
  • 21-10-2010 2:06pm
    Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else find that the same episodes are repeatedly shown?
    There has been 467 episodes, I would say around 150 of them are repeated.

I got Sky in 2008, for the 5 years or so previous I seen very few of the new episodes that were on Sky 1 each week then. Now on Sky 1 you get new episodes, but the repeats are only ever old or recent new episodes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭Fo Real

I believe Sky have the rights to the more recent episodes, leaving RTÉ to show the same old repeats over and over again.

Not that we're missing much. Haven't watched the Simpsons in years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Fo Real wrote: »
    I believe Sky have the rights to the more recent episodes, leaving RTÉ to show the same old repeats over and over again.

Not that we're missing much. Haven't watched the Simpsons in years.

This week on RTE it seems to be pretty newish episodes. From the last five years or so I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭Daith

"I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and wierd. It'll happen to YOU."

Show should really follow it's own advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Yeh, I Think The Same Ones Keep In Repeating Too! We Need More Episodes, Because There's Like 30/40/50 Episodes I Haven't Seen...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

DB10 wrote: »
    Does anyone else find that the same episodes are repeatedly shown?
    There has been 467 episodes, I would say around 150 of them are repeated.

I got Sky in 2008, for the 5 years or so previous I seen very few of the new episodes that were on Sky 1 each week then. Now on Sky 1 you get new episodes, but the repeats are only ever old or recent new episodes.

Everytime I watch it on RTE its a crap Halloween one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

Channel 4 are all the same old ones too.. I can't remember te last time I saw a new episode

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I think Sky has the rights to all, or at least the majority, of the Seasons. It's surprising to see RTE/Channel 4 still so far behind. I remember Sky advertising how they are 5 years ahead of the Terrestrial channels showing Sky, but thought that would have changed by now. One episode I've only seen once or twice is the Catburglar (voiced by Sam Neill I think) episode. Maybe I just don't tune in at the right time, but I've rarely seen this on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

OP be happy you are watching the old episodes, God knows the new ones are shíte.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭cena

I find the newer seasons has gone down hill. There just not as good as the older ones. Simpsons have had their day now.

Advertisement