Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No root access on CM 6.0.2

Options
  • 21-10-2010 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭

I have just installed cyanogenmod 6.0.2 (update-cm-6.0.2-Desire-signed.zip md5sum: ce5e077381c49d92787491641f732a77) on my desire.

I have a clockworkmod recovery installed.
    I have had cm 6.0.1 and 6.0.0 installed previously, with full root access.

It seems as though there is no root access.
    When I start rom manager, I get 'you must root your phone for rom manager to function. Superuser was not found at "/system/bin/su..."
    The superuser icon was already installed when I booted up first time.
    when I check for updates in the superuser app, it says that there is an update available, press ok to install.

When I attempt to do this, it says that there was an error installind, and that a file 'su-2.3.1-bin-signed.zip' had been placed in the sd cardto be installed in the recovery console.
    The file that is placed in the sd card is 0kb in size, and when I attempt to install this in recovery, it fails also.

I posted this in the cyanogenmod forums, a couple of days ago but got no repies yet.

Does anyone have any tips?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

kierank01 wrote: »
    I have just installed cyanogenmod 6.0.2 (update-cm-6.0.2-Desire-signed.zip md5sum: ce5e077381c49d92787491641f732a77) on my desire.

I have a clockworkmod recovery installed.
    I have had cm 6.0.1 and 6.0.0 installed previously, with full root access.

It seems as though there is no root access.
    When I start rom manager, I get 'you must root your phone for rom manager to function. Superuser was not found at "/system/bin/su..."
    The superuser icon was already installed when I booted up first time.
    when I check for updates in the superuser app, it says that there is an update available, press ok to install.

When I attempt to do this, it says that there was an error installind, and that a file 'su-2.3.1-bin-signed.zip' had been placed in the sd cardto be installed in the recovery console.
    The file that is placed in the sd card is 0kb in size, and when I attempt to install this in recovery, it fails also.

I posted this in the cyanogenmod forums, a couple of days ago but got no repies yet.

Does anyone have any tips?

Maybe try reinstall the ROM?

Advertisement