Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Over clocking and under volting

Options
  • 21-10-2010 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭

Don't know if this has been covered before, and if so apologies.

I'm just trying to figure out what the dangers or risks are with over clocking and under volting your phone.

I only noticed last night that the rom I have installed has the phone under volted and over clocked (hadn't know what uv/oc stood for).

While I'm enjoying the benefits of my new (sense hd) rom, I don't want to do anything which will risk long term damage to my phone.

I've read it can dramatically shorten the life span of your phone's processor. Is this true?

Is it worth the risks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I'd be interested in any technical responses, but as far as I can guess, there shouldn't be any issues in underclocking/under volting.

Overclocking/over volting on the other hand can increase temperatures beyond tolerances where problems start occurring.

Advertisement