Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honeymoon

Options
  • 21-10-2010 10:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi - I'm looking for travel advice on possible honeymoon/holiday destinations for mid-Sept 2011.

We're not looking for a typical honeymoon destination with 5 star hotels and other honeymooners but we are looking for somewhere with good weather, nice beaches and good snorkelling/diving - oh and good food!!

We were thinking of the Andamann islands but believe that as it is their monsoon season (coming to the end) it might be risky in the weather department.
    South East Asia is kinda out as well as we've spent a lot of time there alreay
    Next idea is Columbia but am a bit nervous about how safe it is.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated anyway

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

South Africa is amazing, Cape Town can do a Great White shark dive.. Safari and amazing sights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Pennyw

Ya SA is amazing and lots to do, would be lovely this time of year too. Food is good too plenty if seafood that's really fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

+1 for any coastal area of SA.beautiful country and not quite exploited tourist wise (was there before world cup though so not sure since then). Stellenbosch is amazing, great wine tours. some beautiful high-end accom for safari also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

You could try splitting your honeymoon, we did the five star hotel, beaches and water sports in mauritius and then flew to south africa. like the other posters have said SA has everything you could want and cant recommend a safari enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Belize.

Central America, year round weather and endless diving and reefs. I was there on holidays for 2 weeks and its perfect for a honeymoon I would say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭seawolf145

jnoham wrote: »
    Hi - I'm looking for travel advice on possible honeymoon/holiday destinations for mid-Sept 2011.

Try Dubai.
    Great service and fantastic place to be.

Advertisement