Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lightbulbs Lightbulbs and Lightbulbs

Options
  • 21-10-2010 8:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭

heya everyone, im looking for specific liightbulbs in the city, tried b&q and daleys electrical shop butno look, im looking for daylight bulbs, ones in the 6500k spectrum, anyone know where to get em, paintin indoors is horrible when most lights throw a yellow light thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I was only thinking of these the other day. Since there is going to be (or maybe there is already) restrictions on old style bulbs I wondered how they are going to sell "daylight bulbs" now in Ireland.
    (I've never seen an energy saving daylight spectrum bulb)
    [EDIT: interesting quick google reveals they do exist albeit 6000k and not 6500k)

I bought a few of these a few years back for painting Lord of the Rings Models.
    I only got into the mood of painting during the winter and the energy saving bulbs and the older standard bulbs were horrid to work with. (These were the ones where the glass looked more blueish than usual)

Last time I checked Atlantic Homecare still sold some (Thats over a year ago)

Also the Co-op store in Raheen used to carry a range of them.

It may be a very long shot! but you could ask the staff in "The Gathering"
    in gerald griffin street street, since they would have people into painting models that may use those bulbs.

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Jagle

ya well 6000k i would be happy with,
    ya guess the gathering might hmm ill try atlantic home care mate thanks, other then that i think im gonna have to source online, and yes any lightbulbs other then daylight are horrid on my eyes when working on certain things indoors, painting, colours arnt right, drawing or modelling i just lose my concentration

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Maybe Kelleher (sp?) Electrical on the dock road? There's a couple of electrical places on Roches street, you might try there.

ty mark ill try there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

trade electric ,

gearald griffin st ? ( I think)

might be worth a l@@k

• Advertisement

thanks guys these are great suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

http://www.adverts.ie/208428/other-diy-and-renovation/halogen-working-twin-lamp-with-tripod/

I have these on adverts.ie - if they're any use to you. Ignore that price - we can come to an arrangement if you're interested.

LB6

sorry dude i think thats way over powered for what im looking for, good luck with the sale tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

np - thought I'd say it anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

You need heatballs!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement