Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camcorder for regular use

Options
  • 20-10-2010 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭

Looking to buy a camcorder. Just for regular use and have at max 600 euro to spend. I literally have no idea about camcorders. Could somebody please help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jonnreeds

Try the cheap $200 Flip Video UltraHD :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Raoul

jonnreeds wrote: »
    Try the cheap $200 Flip Video UltraHD :)

Well like I have 600 euro to spend, would that be the best I could get for this money?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

Depends on what you're looking to do with it. If its just for basic home movies etc then you may not need to spend so much. If you're interested Im selling a Canon HV20 for 525. For your price range you honestly wont get a better camera. Have a look...

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-HV20-Definition-Camcorder-Stabilized/dp/B000MUV6BA

Saying that, it does really depend on your needs. The HV20 is simple to use but if you've no use for HD, variable frame rate controls, manual focusing, HDMI out, full manual exposure controls etc etc then you could probably pick up a simple point and shoot for 200 - 300.

Advertisement