Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nikki Hayes returns to Spin 1038

Options
  • 20-10-2010 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Announced today on her facebook page:
    Delighted to finally be cake to tell you all that i will be back on radio from november first with the brilliant spin1o38 monday to friday from 9.45am to 12.45pm :):):)

My 2c... Congratulations, Nikki! Great news :)

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :(

Like fair play getting back on the radio and I wish her luck, but I hate her on the radio. that slot and the zoo crew were the only show I listened to on Spin. That mid morning broad annoyed me at first, now I like her. What happened to her?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Travismccoy

To be fair Fago, who DO you like on Irish radio? (Apart from Foley)...

You moan about everyone. I'm not having a go I'm just pointing it out, you don't have to like anyone if you don't want but it's funny.

To be fair Fago, who DO you like on Irish radio? (Apart from Foley)...

In no order:

KC
    Ray Darcy
    Dermot and Dave
    Dec Pierce
    Ryan Tubridy
    Jim Jim and Mark
    Colm Hayes
    Hector
    Rick O Shea
    Martin King
    Those two on Spin in the evening time
    Pat Kenny
    Tim Kelly
    Adrian and Jeremy
    Brian McColl

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭fat__tony

She is the most awkward radio presenter I've ever heard.

• Advertisement

I know I complain about alot of presenters, but that's because I genuinly dislike them. I'm allowed an opinion aren't I travis?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭gymman39

good luck to her

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Fago! wrote: »
    I know I complain about alot of presenters, but that's because I genuinly dislike them. I'm allowed an opinion aren't I travis?

I say you are, and I should know... ;)

Just a word of warning, not that it should be necessary... keep it civil on the thread, folks. Any OTT or insulting remarks regarding Ms. Hayes will be removed and anyone who posts such remarks may be banned.

Bard wrote: »
    I say you are, and I should know... ;)

Just a word of warning, not that it should be necessary... keep it civil on the thread, folks. Any OTT or insulting remarks regarding Ms. Hayes will be removed and anyone who posts such remarks may be banned.

You're good man.

Yeah I dislike her on the radio, she has a hard shell, I'm sure she can take a bit of stick regarding her job. Everyone in showbusiness has to. I'd never make a jab at her personally. As a person I reckon (and I heard from many a people) that she's stellar. I was fairly miffed when I heard she was jumped.
    gymman39 wrote: »
    good luck to her

All the best to her.

Will miss midmorning chick though.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Travismccoy

Course.. Now I've seen your list at least there's a few you do like :P

Edit; BTW how selfish of me, well done on the gig Nikki..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Bandscan

Thats Shona Ryans Timeslot 9.45 -12.45 Where`s She Off Too?

Bandscan wrote: »
    Thats Shona Ryans Timeslot 9.45 -12.45 Where`s She Off Too?

Nikki said on facebook she was promoted to management.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

it's a station we can't get out here so she'll still be off the national airwaves

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Roro4Brit

Ya gotta take work where you find it these days.

I'm glad. I was never a big 2fm listener but she will be much better than all the other girls on Spin - I've yet to hear one I can tolerate for more than 1 minute without switching.

Oh my gaaaawwwwdddd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Well done Nikki...I wish you all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Delighted I don't have Spin tuned in in my car :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Who's Nikki Hayes?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

She's not my cup of tea at all. Not on the radio anyway.

She did a DJ set in a Dundalk nightclub before which was actually pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

What happened her 2fm career?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Rockery Woman

Best of luck to her. But why did she leave 2fm?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I think RTÉ dropped her during their recent reshuffle.

What happened her 2fm career?

Remember Titanic??? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

Remember Titanic??? :pac:

Nikki Hayes went on to make $1 billion dollars worldwide and win several academy awards?

Nikki Hayes went on to make $1 billion dollars worldwide and win several academy awards?

Precisely! But Hayes wanted more from life. She then went on to join a Brendan Shine cover band and failed to sell a single record. She invested more and more into the band but it couldn't be saved. They split and went their seperate ways. Hayes now works for Harvey Norman as a sales assistant. She got employee of the month once, around the same time the HN workforce were stricken with salmonella.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭UpCork

Good luck to her. Whatever you think of her as a DJ, you have to agree that the way she parted company with 2fm wasn't fair on her. THere one weekend, told she was being 'let go' at the end of September. Yet, she wasn't allowed to do her show the week after to say goodbye to her fans - after all her fans were the backbone of her show and she frequently interacted with them on the Internet. I felt sorry for how she was treated.

Advertisement