Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone able to help me out with a hissing sound i'm having from my amp?

Options
  • 20-10-2010 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

It's a Fender FM212, solid state amp. Have had it a few years now but in the past week or so it's been emmitting a hissing sound. Strange thing is this doesn't happen straight away. When i turn it on i can play for maybe 2 minutes before the hiss becomes apparent at which point it gets so annoying i quit playing. The hiss only sounds once the guitar is being played, even barely playing a note will cause it. Otherwise it isn't audible. I have tried different guitars and cables directly into the amp and on both channels but I'm getting the same problem. Does this problem sound familiar to anyone? I'm hoping it's something simple that can be fixed myself. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Advertisement