Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't connect to 3G or Wifi after Froyo Update

Options
  • 20-10-2010 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

Guys

I rooted my Samsung Galaxy S and installed 2.2 on it and now can't connect Wifi and can't pick up 3G network. I am on Three.

Any ideas??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Sounds like you're phone was reset during the upgrade and you have lost your APN settings. Same with the wifi, if the wireless network you are connecting has security authentication have you lost you're password settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

cdb wrote: »
    Sounds like you're phone was reset in the upgrade process and you have lost your APN settings. Same with the wifi, if the wireless network you are connecting to has security set up and requires a password have you lost it too?

Yep, all wifi settings were wiped but even after putting password back in and it connecting, it wont actually get an IP address. I am more conecrned about lack of connection to 3G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭fransdev

Hi I had the same after updating to Froyo a couple of weeks ago, lost my APN settings. There are solutions on XDA but the quikest way I used was just to call to 3 helpdesk. I know it can be a pain, calling India, but they just put your IMEI in their system and your 3G signal will be back up in no time. Don't know about your WiFi because I didn't have issues with that, got WiFi N at home and no problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭fransdev

The only thing you have to do is go to your settings for network and add 3 there. Name: 3 APN 3ireland.ie and APN type internet+mms and then call 3 to get it registred. Should do the trick

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

fransdev wrote: »
    The only thing you have to do is go to your settings for network and add 3 there. Name: 3 APN 3ireland.ie and APN type internet+mms and then call 3 to get it registred. Should do the trick

Cheers, on phone to them now..

Edit: Sorted! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement