Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Channel difficulties - Sky Digital

Options
  • 20-10-2010 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭

Is anybody having problems receiving the following groupings of channels on their Sky box (standard box)?

- Eurosport
    - All the National Geographic and Discovery Channels
    - RTÉ, TV3 etc

It's funny as RTÉ seems to work perfectly on my terrestrial cable while the digital seems to drop it sometimes. They're both coming in through the same feed in the wall so I'm confused altogether.

Might have to subscribe to Sky+ HD sooner than I thought

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭John mac

dcr22B wrote: »
    They're both coming in through the same feed in the wall so I'm confused altogether.

why?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

John mac wrote: »
    why?

I don't have dish on the house. Our estate was wired for Sky by the developer when the estate was being constructed.

My terrestrial and digital feed come in through the same cable box and are then separated by a splitter to the TV and the Sky box respectively. The likes of BBC1/2/3 and RTE1/2 work perfectly on the terrestrial yet they are haphazard on the digital box along with the other channels that I mentionned in my initial post.

That's why I'm confused. I've contacted Sky and we've run all the necessary system checks but to no avail and I'd rather not have to pay for an engineer considering we'll probably upgrade to Sky HD in the next few months hence (hopefully) solving the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

dcr22B wrote: »
    I don't have dish on the house. Our estate was wired for Sky by the developer when the estate was being constructed.

My terrestrial and digital feed come in through the same cable box and are then separated by a splitter to the TV and the Sky box respectively. The likes of BBC1/2/3 and RTE1/2 work perfectly on the terrestrial yet they are haphazard on the digital box along with the other channels that I mentionned in my initial post.

That's why I'm confused. I've contacted Sky and we've run all the necessary system checks but to no avail and I'd rather not have to pay for an engineer considering we'll probably upgrade to Sky HD in the next few months hence (hopefully) solving the problem.

Are your neighbours experiencing the same problem? You need to identify whether its a problem specific to your set-up or a generic one that a number of you are suffering from.

They are but my boss who lives 3 miles out the road is having similar problems so I'm not sure whether it's specific to my estate or the geographical area.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I've no idea about your boss but if neighbours are having the same problem you should contact whoever is responsible for the satellite reciever on the estate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭JDxtra

It has to be a problem with your setup, or with your estate. The issues your boss is having are just a coincidence.

I suspect Sky will not be able to help as it sounds like the developer set this up himself (or with a local provider). The management company should be your first point of call.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Also, it sounds like you have only one feed from the multi switch, which is then diplexed to provide both terrestrial and Satellite.
    You need two satellite feeds to get the full use out of the sky+ HD box should you upgrade.(although it will work fine with one)

Cheers for all of the advice, I had the local engineer out rewiring the set up recently and it was ropey beforehand and still was afterwards.

Will check and see what the story is with the neighbours.

Sorted, it seems some kids had tampered with the dish!

Advertisement