Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropbox

Options
  • 20-10-2010 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭

Anyone using this successfully? What network?

I can't refresh folders on Meteor, but what about the other networks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Works for me on o2. Is it working on wifi?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Yep. Works fine, I can still download files over 3G, but only if the folder contents are refreshed on Wifi first.

Just trying to pin-point the issue; Meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

works with three and over the wifi :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Working fine for me on 3 as well. The first app I downloaded actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 yekrallum

I don't know about much about Dropbox or the technology behind different 3g networks but maybe this is relevant to you.

I use a HTC Desire and recently moved from Meteor to O2 purely because of the piss poor quality of the Meteor 3g network in the Leixlip area and many other areas I go to. And apart from having much much better coverage now, I have found that everything I do over 3g while in coverage with O2 (streaming, downloading, surfing) is much faster than doing the same while in coverage using Meteor.

Again, I don't know anything about 3g technology, if one company's network can be faster than another's or if 3g is 3g. But that's been my experience since before and after I changed providers. The problem I have now is that O2 are much more expensive than Meteor or rather Meteor are much cheaper than everybody else - I wonder why?

So I'd guess your problem is Meteor and not Dropbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭gbob

Yeah working fine for me on o2. Great way to share files :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

on meteor and when on mobile data it just keeps saying "loading", if i click back i get a screen saying "checking with dropbox" and then back again brings me back to main folder.
    On wifi, no such issues, folder contents loads afters a second

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭pts

Meteor are aware of the issue, they just refuse to comment on it :-(

http://forums.meteor.ie/index.php?showtopic=1104

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Working for me on Meteor. Used it with an iPhone, no issues. Had it working with a HTC Legend and Samsung Galaxy S, also no issues. Using the data.mymeteor.ie APN.

chrislad wrote: »
    Working for me on Meteor. Used it with an iPhone, no issues. Had it working with a HTC Legend and Samsung Galaxy S, also no issues. Using the data.mymeteor.ie APN.

Can you give me the full list of settings on that APN? I'm on it already but just want to see if I'm missing anything. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭long_b

Neither this nor uploading to Picasa working for me. Come ON Meteor!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

working without issue on vodafone prepay using the live apn.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Same issue for me on x8 meteor. Also problems with Dilbert app. Other apps ok. No issues when on wifi or Vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Strange enough dropbox was working fine for me until today . No it won't sync or let.me log in :confused:

I contacted the developers and they're keen to help, but Meteor are maintaining their silence. :rolleyes:

Advertisement