Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WoW 4.0.1 Bugs, Glitches & Funsies

Options
  • 20-10-2010 5:53am
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I made a little movie showing a days worth of fun and grievances to get rid of the recordings and it got me thinking about just how messed up this patch has been thus far.

First of all, the basic movie:

(Note, some of it isn't even 4.0.1 and/or not bugs, just fun).

So, here's a list of problems.

*Patch now allows the purchase of all Wrathful items (With exception to top-tier weapon vendor items and Shoulders from the lesser vendor) regardless of characters Arena rating. Example, even if you have 0 Teams/0 Rating, you can waltz up to the Vendor and purchase Wrathful gear even if the option to do so is blacked out as if you don't meet the requirements (Provided you have enough Honor).

*Healthsone Wells, Conjoured Food Tables, Battleground Flags & Nodes as well as other 'interactable' items are likely to crash your game when you mouse over or click them. A typical non-PvP related example would be the Pumpkin you click in Scarlet Dungeon to summon the Headless Horseman. I also got a critical error when I ran over the Berserker Buff in WSG so I presume it's not just limited to clickable items.

*Resilience Buff: (According to the notes, it may 'not show up in the tooltip'). Basically they stealth-buffed Resilience by 50% allowing 2k Resilience to apply as much as 85% Damage Reduction. There is a movie on YouTube showing a Holy Priest with high resilience tanking as many as 10+ characters without much issue in a PvP environment. Not sure if it's fixed yet but it's making Healers increasingly difficult (nigh unto impossible if they have a working braincell) to kill.

*Several Animation/Movement related bugs. One that isn't exclusive to 4.1 is the ability to lock a flying mount in their idle animation if you fly off at the right time (Typically a split second before your Mounting Up cast-bar reaches max) but with the patch you get so many others, like being locked in a swimming/falling animation or the ability for your character to 'strafe' making it look like you are constantly running forward (Shown in the above movie).

*Stupid Honor Gains. Typically you gain anything as little as 0/0.5 Honor but on one occasion I apparantly gained 536870912 Honor in IoC at one point. Naturally I didn't but it was a ****ed up system message to recieve that got my hopes up a little ;)

*Inspection Tool constantly breaks. GearScore enthusiasts may be wondering why GS related Addons stop working. The addons are fine but seeing as they rely on the player being able to inspect people (and this keeps stopping about 1-2mins after logging in) this makes them not function properly.

*It's still possible for Warriors to charge 'through' the floor in specific locations as well as for Deathknights to drag people through stupid obstacles or terrain despite obvious lack of LoS (Not 4.1 exclusive but this happened more often for me since the patch so it may be relevant).

*Recieving 2x the amount of Critical Errors for no reason lately - A lot of the time this seems to happen in PvP environments and generally in two's. Has happened every day for the last three days since patch, especially in Wintergrasp. Even today I hit a random Critical Error while flying idle in WG, re-logged in and got the exact same 5mins later.

So, anyone else encounter weird and wonderful issues since the patch?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Shoot, I could have upgraded my MH last night so if I'd stuck with it! Stoopid disconnects!
    Armory hasn't updated in a week or so…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

The ability to purchase wrath items is meant to be, blue post around somewhere on their forums confirming same. They just never updated the items on the vendor to remove the previous requirements from showing.

Couple of times I've run in BG's now with more people than intended on the team, say 17 Alliance in EoTS versus 13 Horde :confused: Something to do with people disconnecting due to bugs or whatever, then quitting wow, starting it up again and rejoining, all the time while the game allowed another person to join and take their place - weird stuff.

Also happened lost of times that I've joined a BG and not appeared in the list of names, apparently not getting any bonus honor at the end of the match either, though I've not confirmed that personally, can't be arsed to calculate if it's true.

Couple of times when I'm being beaten on by a load of Alliance when on the mage, I'll start making a table and it ends up crashing the game for all the alliance around me, hahaha :D though it sometimes crashes me out too :p

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

I wish I had of known about the health stone well bug, I decided to level my lock from 73-74 last night and spent 30 mins queuing for a random dungeon and when I got in I created my usual soul stone and then cast ritual of souls for the well. When it was created bang I crashed out. For 10 mins I logged in and crashed out constantly and I put it down to the instance servers having problems. Finally managed to leave the party and got a lovely 30 minute debuff from entering LFD then :(

Speaking of Locks, I done some battlegrounds on my shadow priest in full PVE gear to stand on the fringes and melt some people. Worked a treat but warlocks are just not possible to kill. I don't know if it is a bug or what but I saw several warlocks beating healers on the meters.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

witless1 wrote: »
    I don't know if it is a bug or what but I saw several warlocks beating healers on the meters.

Eh, aren't Warlocks supposed to do more damage then healers? :confused:

witless1 wrote: »
    Speaking of Locks, I done some battlegrounds on my shadow priest in full PVE gear to stand on the fringes and melt some people. Worked a treat but warlocks are just not possible to kill. I don't know if it is a bug or what but I saw several warlocks beating healers on the meters.

Yeah Drain Life is still a bit overpowered at the moment, even after the nerf it got. Any silence or interrupt you have though will go down a treat to beating a warlock :)

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Eh, aren't Warlocks supposed to do more damage then healers? :confused:

I think he meant beating them on healing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Picked up a Wrathful mace and shield last night, I may only get a month or two from them but w00t!

Dual Talent spec is now only 100g btw, in case you didn't know.
    Never bothered to get it on my Pally and Warrior but glad I waited :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82,034 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

meh, ive gotten my 1k gold out of it.

Advertisement