Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Per Petterson

Options
  • 20-10-2010 2:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

I read his book 'Out Stealing Horses' and really loved it - one of the best books i had read in a while.
    Has anyone read any of his other books? Just wondering if they're worth a look.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

I read "Out Stealing Horses" not that long ago and absolutely fell in love with it.

Norwegian writers always produce haunting and beautiful literature. If you haven't already, you should read Tarjei Vesaas' "The Ice Palace". It's written in a similarly minimalist style and follows similar themes.

Knut Hamsun's "Growth of the Soil" could also be of interest to you. He received the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1920 for this novel, so perhaps it's an indication of its quality.

I bought Petterson's "In the Wake" for €5 last week (what a deal), but I haven't read it yet. If it's anywhere near as good as "Horses", then I won't regret waiting for the right moment to read it :).

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭ash2008

thanks for the recommendations, ill check them out :)

I came across 'In the Wake' in my local library last week. Havent got around to starting it yet either as im in the middle of another book, but im looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Loved 'Out Stealing Horses' ... not that crazy about 'In the Wake' and I'm getting my hands on 'I Curse the River of Time' after reading a good review of it in IT

Advertisement