Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding an edge

Options
  • 20-10-2010 2:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

What do folks use to add a little bit of an edge to a sound? I've got a vocal here that is just a little too sweet to fit with the rather raucous music surrounding it and I'm trying to figure out a way to make it sit a little better without telling a young girl to start smoking and drink her whiskey straight. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

re-amp it and blend with the original for a bit of grit. a bit of aggresive and fast compression.

in plugin land soundtoys decapitator does the job very nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

That's what an 1176 is for !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Aridstarling

If only Paul, if only! I've tried re-amping it with Amplitube as I'm not in the studio again for a few days, seems to be doing the trick upon first listen. Thanks lads. Any other suggestions are welcome, I have a couple of tracks with this girl so I want to try as much as possible.

Or a plugin ... if you want I can squirt it through my rig here and send it back to you - just send me the vox file ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Aridstarling

That'd be deadly, I'll send you on a link in a bit.

• Advertisement

Cool - if it works it works , if not , no harm done .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Sans Amp on an Aux Send.

Be careful of latency through the buss though, makes it phasey!

studiorat wrote: »
    Sans Amp on an Aux Send.

Be careful of latency through the buss though, makes it phasey!

Isnt the latency from sansamp just the 1ms?

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭PMI

Ive dropped a vocal into amp farm a few times and used their so called clean sounds and you would be amazed how it sits :) no crazy distortions just add's small amount of nasty girl to it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Isnt the latency from sansamp just the 1ms?

Haven't a notion...
    I've a HD rig so it's not an issue either way.

• Advertisement
Advertisement