Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cataclysm Gaming Mouse :)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭KilOit

G500 does me fine it's so comfortably, i tried a razor mouse before and it felt awful in my hand, horrid design.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm using this.

M17-1704-main.jpg

Seriously, key-bind people :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Damn straight on the key binds, I bind the keys Q, E, R, T, G, H, F, Y, `, C and X along with the two side mouse buttons plus F9, F10, F11 and F12.
    All those keys are within easy finger reach of W,A,S,D and straffing can be done via right mouse button and A or S anyway so no need to be hung up on losing Q and E for straffing. I do that for every single class and it makes the game so much better to play, especially so for any Pvp.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Some people will want every little advantage and get every little bit of help.

And to make hard things easier, or boring things easier, isnt that a goal in overall life nevermind gaming.

No quabbles from me, I use my keyboard to bind, cause I dont want to invest in one of those mice, I'm already looking at changing my mx518 for something smaller.

But if its your thing go for it, I wouldnt say anything against someone if its making it easier for them to do well. Or easier to stay at the top performance levels.

Alot of the top raiders use those kind of mice or the razer one that has like 11 buttons.

If i played wow exclusively id get one, but I couldnt hndle another big mouse :)

• Advertisement

I'd agree with that for sure but what I'd say is that he might be better investing the kind of money he'd be paying for that mouse, on a top end keyboard instead, I'd recommend the Logitech G19 myself, had one since it's release, bloody top class keyboard.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I using this :P

black-Dell-keyboard.jpg&t=1

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭kev_like

That mouse looks sick ;D but the thing is it's really only for WoW/other MMO's. Can't imagine trying to play any FPS's on it, would just get rather annoying. Think i'll pick myself up one and keep my G5 for playing C:SS ;D

Good thing about the G19 is that you can also pop a load of wow macro's on to the special set of keys down the left hand side. Saves you having to use up bar space too. You can also be a little naughty if you wanted and have it record a whole session in a battleground, then go watch TV and let your keyboard play the BG's for you :D Not that I'd recommend such a thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 82,016 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I mean, Macro keys, are all very nice, but so is wirelessness.

http://www.gearxs.com/gearxs/product_info.php?cPath=82&products_id=8479 (found the board in a flea market for $5. no mouse)

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-V450-Cordless-Laser-Mouse/dp/B00165XQWW

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Gaming-Headset-Surround/dp/B003VANOFY/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1287601629&sr=1-1

Plan to go to wireless gaming mouse and keyboard later but at the moment I can't stand wires. Drive me mental.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Hate wireless ones. Need batteries & don't light up :( Wired ones seem more responsive too imo.

I've lost the head with a couple of wireless mice :o Battery always seems to run out in the middle of a fight, whether it's pvp or raiding. I had an Mx1200 I think it was, that was a decent wireless mouse as it had a spare battery always on charge, flip out the old, in with the new, put the old on charge. Was handy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭tomob666

Had been considering getting the original WoW mouse for the last few weeks but now this Cata one had been released I'll probably grab it. It's available for pre-order on Amazon for £89.99 so just over €100 probably :/ although with orders of that size from amazon shipping is usually free.

Read some very mixed reviews of the last mouse so I'm taking it for granted they've sorted those problems out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

tomob666 wrote: »
    Had been considering getting the original WoW mouse for the last few weeks but now this Cata one had been released I'll probably grab it. It's available for pre-order on Amazon for £89.99 so just over €100 probably :/ although with orders of that size from amazon shipping is usually free.

Read some very mixed reviews of the last mouse so I'm taking it for granted they've sorted those problems out.

Never take for granted anything to do with computer hardware and for the cost of that mouse I'd wait for some reviews ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Two friends have recommended the Razer Naga to me. Think I might go and get it....

• Registered Users Posts: 82,016 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Nehaxak wrote: »
    I've lost the head with a couple of wireless mice :o Battery always seems to run out in the middle of a fight, whether it's pvp or raiding. I had an Mx1200 I think it was, that was a decent wireless mouse as it had a spare battery always on charge, flip out the old, in with the new, put the old on charge. Was handy enough.
    Dont know about Gaming wireless but the laptop-oriented one I use was designed for a 12 month battery but the way I use it it lasts 4 before I get a critical battery warning and another 2 before it actually begins to lag and crap out. My only complaint is it wont run on Rechargeable AAs - the voltage is too low. Other than that its pretty damn spiffy, and sniping is a breeze.

More often I've had mouse wires fcuk me over by getting snagged off the desk or just adding an awkward about of resistance when i need to be whipping over to shoot something. In contrast I've had zero nerd rage incidents since moving to a wireless mouse :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

100 yoyo for a wired mouse?

I think not. I'll stick with my wireless Microsoft mouse and keyboard me thinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Einstein wrote: »
    100 yoyo for a wired mouse?

I think not. I'll stick with my wireless Microsoft mouse and keyboard me thinks!

I dont think they are paying extra for the wire, and for those that get their wire snagged on something and switched to heavy clunkier and more costly to run mice... Just place the wire in a position so that it doesnt get snagged, its really quite that easy, i never have issues with mine.. EVER!

:)

Anyways, whichever you prefer ofc ;)

Advertisement