Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Market not working? here's the .apk

Options
  • 19-10-2010 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭

Updated my sons Htc Desire and the market app disappeared, so i copied the app from my Dell Streak and works perfectly after a reboot.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3530928/Vending.apk

Disclaimer; Use at your own risk i'm not responsible for bricking your phone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Parse error. Having difficulty parsing the package

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭gbob

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Parse error. Having difficulty parsing the package

Not sure what a parse error is, but I've just downloaded from the link above and it installed fine, could your phone need rooting?

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭docjewel

Thanks a million for this gbob,my desire is not rooted but got the official froyo update last night & like your son's phone the market app wasn't working,downloaded your file & it worked straight away.Glad to have it back. :)

gbob wrote: »
    Not sure what a parse error is, but I've just downloaded from the link above and it installed fine, could your phone need rooting?

I'm not rooted. Do I need to be rooted. Can I be rooted and keep the official ROM?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

I'm not rooted. Do I need to be rooted. Can I be rooted and keep the official ROM?

are you missing the market app on your phone :confused: and if so what phone do you have

• Advertisement

are you missing the market app on your phone :confused: and if so what phone do you have

I'm not missing the market app, its just malfunctioning. See my original post.
    http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=68583019#post68583019
    I'm using a hero, 2.1, sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭BeeDI

I got a message on my Desire yesterdy that a firmware update was available to download. I did it and installed it no problem.

The good things I have noticed.

1. Phone seems faster to switch from one screen to another.
    2. Seems faster on internet using WIFI
    3. I always had a problem to power down my phone properly. It just seemed to go into an eternal "shutting down" mode, but never actually shut down. I used to take out the battery to kill it. Now this problem is resolved. Shuts down instantly once I tell it.
    4. Text app seems more user friendly.

The bad points.

1. My market app has dissapeared :mad::mad: No idea how to get it back. This is total bull****.

Yeah, all rooting does is give you access to system files & settings, and allows installation of non official roms, but you certainly don't needy install different roms.

BeeDI wrote: »
    I got a message on my Desire yesterdy that a firmware update was available to download. I did it and installed it no problem.

The good things I have noticed.

1. Phone seems faster to switch from one screen to another.
    2. Seems faster on internet using WIFI
    3. I always had a problem to power down my phone properly. It just seemed to go into an eternal "shutting down" mode, but never actually shut down. I used to take out the battery to kill it. Now this problem is resolved. Shuts down instantly once I tell it.
    4. Text app seems more user friendly.

The bad points.

1. My market app has dissapeared :mad::mad: No idea how to get it back. This is total bull****.

Click on the link in the first post, its the market app. Once its downloaded click on it to install.. you may have to turn the phone off & on again to reload your market history.

The market app I posted above is from a 2.2 Rom, it may not work on 2.1, I'll see when I get home if I still have the 2.1 version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭viking

If you've updated to 2.2 on the Desire, you get the Market back by doing a factory reset. Make sure to do the necessary backups!

viking wrote: »
    If you've updated to 2.2 on the Desire, you get the Market back by doing a factory reset. Make sure to do the necessary backups!

That's why I posted up the app, so you wouldn't have to do a reset and lose everything :)

Bluefoam, this is the market app for 2.1, haven't tested it as i dont have a 2.1 device....
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3530928/com.android.vending.apk

Bluefoam, this is the market app for 2.1, haven't tested it as i dont have a 2.1 device....
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3530928/com.android.vending.apk

Thanks, it installed fine but does not solve the problem. Oh well, it looks like I'll be getting the desire HD in the next week or two anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Updated my sons Htc Desire and the market app disappeared, so i copied the app from my Dell Streak and works perfectly after a reboot.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3530928/Vending.apk

Disclaimer; Use at your own risk i'm not responsible for bricking your phone.

This seems to have worked for me, thanks a million gbob :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Hmm, now im getting stuck on 'Starting download' which i was getting before the update.

Now idea whether this is related to the market app or the generic android problem.

Dustaz wrote: »
    Hmm, now im getting stuck on 'Starting download' which i was getting before the update.

Now idea whether this is related to the market app or the generic android problem.

Try rebooting the phone, seems to refresh the market history. Have your apn settings been changed/deleted?

Advertisement