Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Cubase/Fast Track question

Options
  • 19-10-2010 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I know this is probably a very simple problem, staring me right in the face but I can't see it. I have an M-Audio fast track ultra going into cubase 4. I have the sound card selected and the vst connections set to 8 mono in. It has recognised the fast track and the six inputs I have selected in the vst connections section. But it is only recognising inputs one and two when I go to record. I have recorded the exact same way before using six inputs with no issues, so what could I be doing wrong..

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

you may need to enable enable the actual inputs even though they're set-up.

if you look to the right of the input set-up you'll see an empty shaded box. if you click into that you can activate/de-activate inputs.. (works the same on the output screen.

also check to see how your "control room" routing is. i changed that before by mistake and it took me ages to find it!!!

i love a bit of cubase but the routing can be a PIA to figure out when something goes wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

If you look to the right of the input set-up you'll see an empty shaded box. if you click into that you can activate/de-activate inputs.. (works the same on the output screen.

That's what I was gonna suggest.. Things like this used to really infuriate me with Cubase.. And particularly that there is no visual representation of the audio signal (i.e. showing you that it IS actually recording form the right input)..

Have you tried just recording it in Audacity to make sure that there is not an issue with input cable or m-audio box..

Advertisement