Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conical spring supplier - Cork?

Options
  • 19-10-2010 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭

The spring inside one of my sprayguns snapped today, I managed to replace it with something temporary which will do for a while. Buying the spring from the gun manufacturer is possible, but they only sell it as part of a 50 dollar rebuild kit which would take anything from 2 weeks to 2 months to get due to low stocks of the kits, and I'll be damned if I'm paying that much and waiting that long to sort it out.

The spring in question seems to be a standard conical spring, 8mm outside diameter on the small end, 18mm outside diameter on the large end. It's 20mm in height.

Could someone recommend a place in Cork, or even Ireland that might have these in stock so I could buy 4/5 and have them for future breakages? They look like this for those that might recognise them from shape, not description.

Img2992.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

The spring inside one of my sprayguns snapped today, I managed to replace it with something temporary which will do for a while. Buying the spring from the gun manufacturer is possible, but they only sell it as part of a 50 dollar rebuild kit which would take anything from 2 weeks to 2 months to get due to low stocks of the kits, and I'll be damned if I'm paying that much and waiting that long to sort it out.

The spring in question seems to be a standard conical spring, 8mm outside diameter on the small end, 18mm outside diameter on the large end. It's 20mm in height.

Could someone recommend a place in Cork, or even Ireland that might have these in stock so I could buy 4/5 and have them for future breakages? They look like this for those that might recognise them from shape, not description.

Img2992.jpg

How about these chaps online?

http://www.raymonddistribution.ie/_concomp.asp?db=conical&tab=conical&curpage=4

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Cheers - even though it's an .ie site - seems to be a UK company, would ideally prefer a bricks n mortar store if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

Don't know if you're so inclined, but springs are actually quite easy to custom make. All you ned is a drill and some wire, and in this case a profile. Youtube should have some video tutorials which make it very clear. If the spring doesn't need to be of very very specific mechanical properties making it would be faster and possibly cheaper than ordering one.
    If you can't find something conveniently conical lying around you could turn/whittle one out of an old broom handle

Advertisement