Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help connecting Galaxy S to laptop

Options
  • 19-10-2010 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

I've searched but couldn't find anything on here

When i plug my phone into the USB port on my laptop (Vista) it says MTP driver failed

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭reb73

You have two options -

1. Either download and install Samsung Kies

or

2. Connect using USB Mass Storage Mode (Settings -> Wireless and Network -> USB Settings -> Mass Storage) or (Settings -> About Phone -> USB Settings -> Mass Storage)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

If the above doesn't work, whats the best approach? My girlfriends Galaxy S is refusing to connect to either Vista, Windows 7 or XP. It seems to all be about the MTP driver which it can't find/install. Iv downloaded the drivers but it doesn't make any odds, still refuses to work.

The mass storage option - is it still possible to update/root Android without using Kies?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭icemanjimbo04

There is a program + app which allows a pc/laptop to connect to the phone via wifi.

There is a simple guide here:
    http://global.mobileaction.com/download/android.jsp

Basicaly, download the Android Manager Wifi app from the market and install the program (above) to the PC/Laptop and follow guide in the link above.

It allows you to transfer / Backup files, contacts, calendar entries and apps etc.. via wifi.

This is the only working way I could find to transfer files wirelessly as Kies wouldn't connect to the phone via bluetooth for some reason..

Don't think you can update the phone firmware/software tho but worth looking into.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement