Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Student Card Fees

Options
  • 19-10-2010 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi!
    I'm repeating first year at the moment so I have to change my student card to one with a later expirary date, and I was just wondering would anyone know do I still have to pay the 20 euros for the new one seeing as I haven't lost it or anything?

Thanks for your help! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

Do you have to change it at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Hi!
    I'm repeating first year at the moment so I have to change my student card to one with a later expirary date, and I was just wondering would anyone know do I still have to pay the 20 euros for the new one seeing as I haven't lost it or anything?

Thanks for your help! :D

Nope, no charge. I got mine updated for free, bit of colour and they asked if I wanted a new picture. A friend of mine lost his, went up expecting to pay but they gave him out a new card, free of charge. Just be nice to them!

Maglite: it's neccessary to change them due to the fact that they've an expiry date. Going past the date will mean no access to the library as far as I'm aware. Also the update will serve as 'proof' of your years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 daniel.ocarroll

they're incredibly nice and kind staff in that office. i think i got up to version 8 in first year and i only paid for about four!

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

Nope, no charge. I got mine updated for free, bit of colour and they asked if I wanted a new picture. A friend of mine lost his, went up expecting to pay but they gave him out a new card, free of charge. Just be nice to them!

Maglite: it's neccessary to change them due to the fact that they've an expiry date. Going past the date will mean no access to the library as far as I'm aware. Also the update will serve as 'proof' of your years.

No, there's no need to change them to continue to get access to the library, labs etc. Mine 'expired' last month but I can still use it (repeated first year, too). It does screw you trying to get a student bus ticket, though.

Advertisement