Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Universal HD channel 220?

Options
  • 19-10-2010 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭

Sky UK card channel 220,Universal HD,but 4/3 aspect ratio? whats going on?Just saw an episode of House .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

Either they are having problems, (Comedy Central HD has regular problems and show content on their HD channel as 4:3 upscaled when they have the 16:9 HD version available), or the episode they are showing they only have the rights to it in 4:3. It wasn't too long ago that Hallmark / Universal actually switched to 16:9, only the newer stuff they have is in widescreen. Many of the shows are still in 4:3 but they are obtaining widescreen prints when it is viable for them to do so.

Remember also that it was practise for a while on some networks in the USA to make the first season of a programme in 4:3 SD so if it wasn't a success they had spent less money making it than they would have had for making it in HD. Perhaps it's just an early episode of House your watching? I believe it and Two And A Half Men are 2 series that had their first seasons recorded in 4:3 SD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

thank god. i thought it was my LCD playing with me

Advertisement