Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sportif or Touring Clubs

Options
  • 19-10-2010 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi all,
    I'm new to this and haven't found a similar thread in the archive.

Does anyone know of a touring club in the Cork City area? I'm back to cycling after a very long gap away and am looking to go on a gentle weekend spin.

Any advice appreciated.

K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ajk24

kiercoll wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I'm new to this and haven't found a similar thread in the archive.

Does anyone know of a touring club in the Cork City area? I'm back to cycling after a very long gap away and am looking to go on a gentle weekend spin.

Any advice appreciated.

K

Hi KC,

Carrigdhoun CC in Carrigaline is a Leisure Club - don't think anyone in the club races.
    http://carrigdhouncyclingclub.com/index.htm

Spins leave from the church at 9am for the winter - split in 2 groups based on ability/desired distance etc.

Other spins are arranged via the message board.

I'm heading out for my first club spin this sunday - have been a member since may but have had a bunch of injuries.

I have met some of the members on the sean kelly and reble tour - all great guys.

ajk

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

I'll try to get out for a spin with Carrigdhoun CC this Sunday too.
    I've been getting lazy this last month, so this sounds good!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

+1 on Carrigdhoun, I haven't been out with them but by all accounts they fit what your looking for, let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 kiercoll

Sounds good all, i'm away this weekend but will definitely give it a go next week. 30 - 50K is perfect for me.

Thanks!

Advertisement