Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Rules

Options
  • 18-10-2010 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭

Sat 23rd here in the GAA grounds - so who's going? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I will be there with my Dad - boxing and GAA rolled into one, what's not to like? :D

🤪

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I had planned on going to it. Alas, it clashes with my Graduation Ball :pac:
    I'll get someone to record the game for me instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    I will be there with my Dad - boxing and GAA rolled into one, what's not to like? :D

Not anymore. Us aussies get our penalties carried over now.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Something had to change after the last few tours. Players on both sides stopped didn't bother trying to tackle fairly when they knew they could get away with serious fouls. Hopefully this year's tour will bring back some of the enthusiasm that was lost with all media focus on the violence instead of on skill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

I'm really looking forward to the game. It'll be my 1st time actually attending it, but I have always followed the previous ones on tv.

TG4 have been showing older games for ages, and now I'm really excited about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

That reminds me i must get a residental pass.

Not tempted by the match at all. Have'nt been bothered since the heyday of the bomber liston\jack o'shea and platt thumping the crap out of each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Limerick3

If I can get a ticket;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

ticketmaster :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭froodie

Just a warning to anyone travelling down, there's hardly a hotel room to be had in the city Saturday night.
    Trying to get something for some friends that are visiting for a party, but no dice.

It'll be inflatable beds at dawn!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Leave your audio settings alone - Was disabled by Youtube !!!

• Advertisement

img3134c.jpg

img3044v.jpg

img3098c.jpg

img3133j.jpg

img3067q.jpg

img3124ct.jpg

img3100e.jpg

img3127ah.jpg

img3130g.jpg

img3131o.jpg

img3047r.jpg

img3063e.jpg

img3093w.jpg

img3094g.jpg

img3120fy.jpg

img3040w.jpg

img3052le.jpg

img3132v.jpg

img3102uk.jpg

img3080zq.jpg

img3048rp.jpg

img3119t.jpg

img3034z.jpg

img3121g.jpg

img3078v.jpg

img3082j.jpg

img3083r.jpg

img3129z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

So sickend they didnt steal it in the last quarter :(

Was full sure we could recover after that goal!!

Only home now :D:D:D:D

Had to laugh Sarah - the stand started to clear out in front of us and then they came to life. Spent the last 10 mins on our feet roarin! Too little too late - maybe they'll learn for next weekend! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

good nite of entertainment - thought we'd clinch it in the last few minutes.

Only negative thing was the rubbish left behind beside cars parked all over the green areas in 2 estates near me. We can have major rugby matches and no cars would park on the grass and virtually no rubbish left behind but get a big GAA match and its always the same. spent the morning picking up rubbish and trying to repair great big gouges in the grass.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭manna452121

Same problem with rubbish in Caherdavin Lawn,would they do it on their own streets?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

That was my cousin Paul who was the streaker that was carted away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Overall - I managed to repress my cynicism and I enjoyed the one-off occasion. The only thing I never got used to was the ref blowing the whistle for each 'mark' taken.
    The ground is sadly underused.

Was the much vaunted fireworks display in town any good? I got stuck above in the Ardhú.

I'm a rugby follower by choice and GAA follower by association lol. It was my first GAA match since I was little - having been taken to all the senior games by my Grand-father - no matter where they were played.

Must say I did enjoy it - got nudged in the ribs half a dozen time for calling the Irish a bunch of idiots and asking if they were colour blind. Was told I wasn't at a rugby match! :D

Whatever about the ref "marking" each player that took the ball, what lifted me out of my seat each time was that 18min horn - sweet mother :eek:

Never made it to the fireworks. Got the park-n-ride from the Kilmurray Lodge - very handy. Was too late to go back in - but we did get to see some of it from the Dooradoyle flyover :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

YFlyer wrote: »
    That was my cousin Paul who was the streaker that was carted away.

Paul was in court today. He was interviewed by live95fm. It was on the 6 o'clock news.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

YFlyer wrote: »
    Paul was in court today. He was interviewed by live95fm. It was on the 6 o'clock news.
    You can listen to what he had to say here

Advertisement