Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ZHILITON 938 WTF?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 prn

Hi,

Zhiliton is not manufactured in Lithuania, it is made in China, like everything else:) but it was widely spread in Lithuania.

Zhiliton doesn't play mega drives (with mega drives I mean diskettes that sega genesis plays) but it does play the NES diskettes. This type of console was very popular in Lithuania about 15 years ago, but you can still find it for about 6 Euro in some places:)

I found an image that sows what kind of diskettes a 16-bit Zhiliton plays: http://www.aukcionas.com/pics/thumbs/42/64/74264_1.600x450.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

In that photo it's playing Famicom carts. :eek: weird seeing something like that in a Megadrive case. Thanks for the info.

There's a good Megadrive clone called the Scorpion that actually includes region switches that people normally mod MDs with. They came out 'back in the day' too, they're not modern -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg-E2jXVx5k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

Jesus. Andy Crane. There's a blast from the past.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Thats bizarre! Looking identical to a Megadrive 1 and playing NES carts....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I'd love to get one of those.

Put a porper megadrive init and do some cool case mods

the boys at sega-16 wouldnt know what hit them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 holms

Hi, i only registered just because of this topic.

Zhiliton was a NES clone which was INSANELY popular in my country, Lithuania. I don't know who the **** bringed this here but this one was using famicon catridges, and most of them where a compilation of games.. like you could have double-dragon trilogy on one.. or the most popular is 99999in1 games..from which 20-50 classic nes games, like tetris, arkanoid, kingkong, popye, mario and etc=)

here's a good photo of zhiliton:
    C9uc1l.jpg

original link from facebook incase imgur will delete image: https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/170483_469332653078449_250924674_n.jpg

Here's a photo of catridges, actually from Lithuanian tradeboard:
    4cf2d76846766.jpg
    4cf24d15032d3.jpg

Me personally didn't had a zhiliton, I had a strange clone of famicon.. who's color was white, and identical form as famicon. The controller was the same as on famicon with 2 turbo buttons.. and most bizarre thing is.. that I had a catridge right in the console [inside], which had "99999in1" and "captain tsubasa" [which I assume original of "tecmo cup soccer" in US.. captain tsubasa was in japanese language] and a "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles". and there was some kind of switch... one position is for 99999in1 games and another is for those 2 [good] games..

anyway quite nice solutions came from china to european market back then =)))

p.s. if somebody can explain why the **** music from "Tecmo cup" was identical in captain-tsubasa i had..? because now i'm watching youtube videos and i can't remember even one tune from captain-tsubasa.. it's just completely different OST I had =) and tecmo-cup is the that ost which i actually heard!=) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8570i_80Fc

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Posting to 2 year old threads is bad form typically, but in this instance I'll let it go.
    Some interesting info too.

Advertisement