Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Market icon missing since update to 2.2`

Options
  • 18-10-2010 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this has already been asked. I tried a search but found nothing.

I updated my O2 desire to froyo with the official O2 update. All went well and its good to be able to save apps to the SD card. Since the update though, there is no market icon. I can see all my apps still but where to I go to download apps now? Anyone else have this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Chrizfitz

iwb wrote: »
    Sorry if this has already been asked. I tried a search but found nothing.

I updated my O2 desire to froyo with the official O2 update. All went well and its good to be able to save apps to the SD card. Since the update though, there is no market icon. I can see all my apps still but where to I go to download apps now? Anyone else have this problem?

I had to do a factory restore which clears all private data apps etc. Make sure you backup everything just in case. Its happening to a lot of phones with the 2.2 upgrade. Your contacts will be saved in your gmail if you use google contacts, so thats an easy sync, I used appbrain to tell me what apps I had installed and just installed them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭iwb

Thanks ChrisFitz. I am using backup pro so I will backup everything and factory reset. A bit of a bummer but shoudn't be a big deal. I really wanted the 720p video and ability to save apps to the card so it was worth the update.

There are a lot of people reporting this in the support forum for the market too. Might be worth checking out there too for an official response.

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Android%20Market/label?lid=7dc8a5c590cd22ee&hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭iwb

I did a factory reset and restored everything from mybackup pro. It wasn't glitch free by any means but it seems that i am back up and running now with a market icon and the market seems to be working.

First real complaint I have had with this phone and android. Other than that, it has been great so far and I have had the phone for months now. I guess I shouldn't jinx it.

Advertisement