Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camera\electronics shops?

Options
  • 18-10-2010 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I am heading up North next Friday and am planning to use the trip to purchase a new lens for my DSLR the one I am looking for is the Canon 55-250

I have seen this priced @ £190 online in Jessops and I see that they have an outlet in Newry and am now wondering what other shops there are that I could get this in?

I am also open to shops located as far up as the ASDA\Sainsburys just outside Belfast (off M1).

Regards
    Tommy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭wait4me

Might be worth your while searching out Jessops phone no and calling them. I think they may only have a limited operation in Newry (perhaps just photo printing - but I don't know) as I tried them once and they had not got the camera I wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Jessops is pretty crappy in Newry. Best to ring them if you're going up.

I recently got a Nikon 35mm 1.8 from simplyelectronics.net. It was substantially cheaper than other UK shops - bricks and mortar included. I had some reservations as some people had issues with them, but my lens was ordered Wed. night and arrived Monday morning. Despite waht some people were saying, it came with a euro warranty card. Was EUR60 cheaper than I could find elsewhere. The Canon 55-250 is 176 notes:

http://www.simplyelectronics.net/mainproduct.php?pid=1838&setcurrency=eur

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Hi Guys

Thanks for the info, will have a look at simplyelectronics site and see. Have left it a bit short for delivery though I reckon as need the lense by Saturday!! :rolleyes: that's why I was planning on getting it Friday when up north. especially seeing as I was quoted €329 by currys in carlow yesterday for it!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

They do offer express deliver with DHL for about 15 notes

Advertisement