Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Ableton Question

Options
  • 17-10-2010 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Ok, say I'm on a channel in ableton and I drop one of the MIDI effects in like an arpeggiator or auto-chord. When I play a note like C, I'll hear the chord or arp played but it'll record the MIDI information as a single note. How can I record the resultant MIDI output instead of simply what I played?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭ogy

set up another midi channel (or audio channel if you just want the resulting audio).

set the original channel as the input of the new channel and record in realtime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

ogy wrote: »
    set up another midi channel (or audio channel if you just want the resulting audio).

set the original channel as the input of the new channel and record in realtime.

It was finding the actual I/O section; my resolution was too low and it wasn't displayed... I knew I wasn't going crazy :)

Advertisement