Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External Extension Wall

Options
  • 17-10-2010 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

Hi

Currently getting an extension built onto house for utility,bathroom and living area. Was speaking with my builder and asked about the side wall (all block wall as backing onto boundary wall) he advised was going to use standard insulation in cavity and sand/cement finish inside.

This room will be for utility/bathroom and will have an immersion, boiler, appliances and rad.

My question is should i be looking at insulated plasterboard internally as well?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Bonnieprince your new extension will need to comply fully with the current Building Regulations. The wall will need to comply with TGD "L". See Dept of Enviro webpage to view TGD "L".

Consult your Designer / BER Assessor to ensure compliance.

What thickness of wall insultion / type / u-value is your Builder suggesting?

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

Thanks RKQ
    Some nice reading in those TGD's ;)
    I think the insulation my builder suggested is standard aeroboard fitted in cavity. Not 100% sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,168 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Your builder's "standard" might not comply with regs.
    Ask him how much will be put in.

Advertisement