Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Most detailed maps of your local area

Options
  • 17-10-2010 8:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi,
    I live in the west of Ireland and am currently exploring the location I live with an OSI 1:50000 scale map. It's got alot of information on it and is very interesting.

I'd like to know if it would be possible to get more detailed maps - maybe 1:10000 scale? I know the county council use this size for example.

Maybe it's not worth it though? - perhaps there would not be much info in these maps that I could not get from a 1:50000?

Any help appreciated - thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

You can get 1:1000. Thats the smallest scale done by OS. What are you trying to find exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 ast.enthus84

I'm just viewing/scanning the area that I live in with binoculars currently from a high point. We are trying to understand what we are seeing, how far etc.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 994 Mod ✭✭✭✭LookBehindYou

Hi,
    I live in the west of Ireland and am currently exploring the location I live with an OSI 1:50000 scale map. It's got alot of information on it and is very interesting.

I'd like to know if it would be possible to get more detailed maps - maybe 1:10000 scale? I know the county council use this size for example.

Maybe it's not worth it though? - perhaps there would not be much info in these maps that I could not get from a 1:50000?

Any help appreciated - thanks.

Rural maps are : 1-2500 scale
    Urban maps are : 1-1000 scale
    You could get a 6" map(4miles x 6Miles) which would contain 16 of 25" Maps (1 mile x 1.5 miles)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Advertisement