Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Desire Linksys Wireless Problem

Options
  • 17-10-2010 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi,

Just got the HTC desire but can't get it to connect to my WRT300n. Can find the network and it beings to connect but cant seam to get a hold of an IP address so just disconnects. I've tried it on another wireless router and it works fine.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Assuming the obvious of typing any security key in correctly including case sensitivity, the other things to check on the linksys are its dhcp settings (is the pool too small to give the phone an address) and connection security such as MAC address limitation (blocking the phone MAC address until it's added to the white list).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

What security? My own experience with my HTC on my network is that it likes Wpa2 and dislikes WPA and doesn't always connect first time for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    What security? My own experience with my HTC on my network is that it likes Wpa2 and dislikes WPA and doesn't always connect first time for some reason.

Mines had no problem with either protocol and usually always connects first time. Range is usually the main issue but the OP is probably standing beside the router.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Mines had no problem with either protocol and usually always connects first time. Range is usually the main issue but the OP is probably standing beside the router.

I have had similar here connecting to WiFi in work. There are only so many IP's in the DHCP range so you have to bump someone else off to connect. i.e. it connects to the wifi and then doesn't get allocated an ip address.

Also, I haven't had any problems with WPA(2) etc.

OP, Check the advanced settings on the phone to make sure it isn't being forced to do anything it shouldn't necessarily have to do ie static ip/gateway etc.

Advertisement