Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone unlocking question:

Options
  • 17-10-2010 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

A friend of mine recently gave me her iPhone. She was on o2 and i'm on vodafone. Will it be possible for me to unlock the iPhone and if so, where do i do it? With o2 or vodafone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

Nice friend! :-). If it's been used on 02 they need to unlock it and it shouldn't be a problem if it's been used a while or had more than 150 in credit used on it.

If you can't get it unlocked then don't despair because there are other methods depending on the version and model. Best thing to start with is not to update the device if iTunes tells you. Wait for the reply from 02 first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

niamh39 wrote: »
    A friend of mine recently gave me her iPhone. She was on o2 and i'm on vodafone. Will it be possible for me to unlock the iPhone and if so, where do i do it? With o2 or vodafone?

You can put an unlock request to 02 in here. There's a thread on the top of the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 tractortom

Ask your network for a NUC (network unlock code)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

tractortom wrote: »
    Ask your network for a NUC (network unlock code)

Why resurrect an old thread with the wrong answer?? Apple don't provide an unlock code to customers.

Advertisement