Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noooooooooo! :(

Options
  • 17-10-2010 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Bought a bootleg copy of LeafGreen. Only discovered it when I tried Pal Parking my pokemon. It didn't work, and when I went back to my game the save file was deleted.

But that's not all. I had just caught a SHINY Rattata. And I almost never, ever find shinies. :mad:

Ugh. I feel like crying. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭mulciber

Bought a bootleg copy of LeafGreen. Only discovered it when I tried Pal Parking my pokemon. It didn't work, and when I went back to my game the save file was deleted.

But that's not all. I had just caught a SHINY Rattata. And I almost never, ever find shinies. :mad:

That sucks. =( You should get on to the people who sold you the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

The same thing happened to me with Ruby and Emerald man, I got onto the guy and he just sent me out replacements and the same **** happens

Not nice, at least i hadn't caught any shinies tho, I'm still yet to find a shiny in all my years of pokémon :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Does anyone know if you can trade them over to a legit game, then pal park 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Far as I know yes. But you'd need a pair of Gameboy Advances for that.

As it happens I have a pair of gameboy advances and 2 wireless link cable dealios that I've never tested, a genuine copy of Emerald and a "Hong Kong Special Edition" of Emerald that I could test this with if I get a chance this week, I'll let you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Random_Fate

Well, I am sending the game back, so I'll resolve the issue.

I am going to write something so insanely unbelieveable that even I can't believe it yet.

As I mentioned, I found a shiny Rattata (on Route 2) and the game deleted itself when I tried Pal Parking to my HeartGold.

So, today, devastated at losing my shiny, I went to Route 2 on my HeartGold to ''find'' my shiny Rattata. I mean, if no-one captured her in the three-year interlude, she's gotta be there, right? Being a stubborn SOB I resolve to stay there until I find a shiny (which I've said I'd do many times before, got bored and did something else).

So I realise that Route 2 is Rattata-free since those Kanto days, and move down to Route 1, which is packed full of Sentret, Pidgey, Furret..... and Rattata. Rattata has a 30% encounter rate there. I proceed to battle pokemon over and over and over for nearly half an hour (which is quite a short space of time if you play pokemon) and suddenly.... I nearly died. SHINY FREAKING RATTATA!! One Quick Ball and she was mine.

Here's the weird thing. This Rattata was Level 2, female, had Run Away as its ability. The same as my other one. She's back!! :p

So now I have a shiny Rattata walking behind me on my HeartGold. Happy days! And it's only my (I think) second legit shiny excluding the red Gyarados.

:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Haha thats awesome. You got it back. Dont forget to save your HG game now!!!

I'm naturally a frequent saver, but I saved about ten times just to be sure. Then I spent ages just going into wild battles and watching him sparkle over and over. And general walking back and forth, staring with disbelief at the overworld sprite.

Who knew catching a Rattata would be so much fun? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

I think pokemon is kuuulll DERP

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Brendog wrote: »

Less of those comments please. This is a Pokémon forum, if you don't like Pokémon, don't post.

:pac:

Haha, the hilarity of coming into a Pokemon forum, reading forum threads and then commenting on how stupid the forum members are.....

I don't get the logic.

• Advertisement

This from someone who aspires to be a comedian

Don't give up the day job pal :)

Well, I am sending the game back, so I'll resolve the issue.

I am going to write something so insanely unbelieveable that even I can't believe it yet.

As I mentioned, I found a shiny Rattata (on Route 2) and the game deleted itself when I tried Pal Parking to my HeartGold.

So, today, devastated at losing my shiny, I went to Route 2 on my HeartGold to ''find'' my shiny Rattata. I mean, if no-one captured her in the three-year interlude, she's gotta be there, right? Being a stubborn SOB I resolve to stay there until I find a shiny (which I've said I'd do many times before, got bored and did something else).

So I realise that Route 2 is Rattata-free since those Kanto days, and move down to Route 1, which is packed full of Sentret, Pidgey, Furret..... and Rattata. Rattata has a 30% encounter rate there. I proceed to battle pokemon over and over and over for nearly half an hour (which is quite a short space of time if you play pokemon) and suddenly.... I nearly died. SHINY FREAKING RATTATA!! One Quick Ball and she was mine.

Here's the weird thing. This Rattata was Level 2, female, had Run Away as its ability. The same as my other one. She's back!! :p

So now I have a shiny Rattata walking behind me on my HeartGold. Happy days! And it's only my (I think) second legit shiny excluding the red Gyarados.

:D:D:D:D

And by the way thats ridiculous you lucky son of a bitch you need to change the thread title to YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! and sry for double post thats two in two days now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Makes the user name awfully appropriate though, doesn't it?
    Although if you can, change it to Jammy Bastard....

I know - if I read this thread I'd be like "Yeah.....sure. That totally happened."

But it did!

I had an Action Replay back in the old GSC days, so seeing shinies wasn't that amazing back then (activate shiny code - find EVERYTHING shiny!). But I don't cheat anymore and the excitement of discovering a legit shiny is cool!

My other shiny was a Bibarel. Guess common vermin are my thing!

Advertisement