Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yearly Review in Work

Options
  • 17-10-2010 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Im in my job now 2 years and a month :mad: im earning a useless 10.00 euro an hour, but i suppose i cant complain.
    I never got a yearly review last year or this year either.
    Some other collegues have gotten 5% pay rises, but when myself and a few others asked they said there was a "Pay Freeze!"
    I work shift work, Weekends, Bank Holidays, Christmas Day etc You could almost call it slave labour..
    Am i not legally entitled to a pay review every year?
    Im part of a union but recently our shop stewart took a redundancy so i cant ask him.
    Has any one got any advise on this for me please as i can barely afford to buy a change of clothes these days!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

STRIKE!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Rantandrave

but im working thru an agency..
    :(

Boo!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

Get a new job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Are the colleagues who are getting the payrises agency staff too?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,248 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

No, unless there's something in your contract or there's some specific arrangement with your union or something.

And remember that a pay review doesn't automatically mean a pay rise either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Slasher

Im part of a union but recently our shop stewart took a redundancy so i cant ask him.

If you are paying into a union, it is up to the union to ensure you are represented. The fact that the SS has left is irrelevant, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I never got a yearly review last year or this year either.
    If it's company policy to hold a yearly review, then query with your HR department why you haven't had one.
    Some other collegues have gotten 5% pay rises, but when myself and a few others asked they said there was a "Pay Freeze!"
    They're entitled to raise/lower an individual employee's remuneration at will and without consulting or changing other employees
    I work shift work, Weekends, Bank Holidays, Christmas Day etc You could almost call it slave labour..
    Ensure that you are amply compensated for this. If you work a bank holiday, you're entitled to an extra day's leave or an extra day's pay for that bank holiday.
    No. However, if you are actively being denied one or you have reason to believe that you are being discriminated against, then you have reason to take action.
    Ring your union's head or local office, they can help you.

Advertisement