Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ford 4000

Options
  • 17-10-2010 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Where would I get good parts at reasonable Prices For a 1971 ford 4000 force tractor? situated in Tipperary. any help appreciated. Thanks :):):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

Not being smart but usually the local tractor garages can order whatever you want. Saves hassle out of buying overseas unless it's a hard got item;) Local lads are not much dearer anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 rusty41

i did and thre is only 3 dealers in my area and they are mostly pricey enough

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭maidhc

Sweetnams in Mogeely, Co. Cork (near Midleton) are pretty good for sparex/bepco and other spurious parts and panels.

Parts prices for Ford 4000 are really not that bad though, even from a main dealer.

rusty41 wrote: »
    i did and thre is only 3 dealers in my area and they are mostly pricey enough
    There's a crowd in N.I and I'll try get a link for ya, they have everything from a bolt to a steering wheel for most vintage tractors;)

• Advertisement

Thanks kay 9 and maidhc ur help is much appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭cormywormy

i have a diesel tank, instument cowel, bonnet and front grille and cowel for sale if you after any of them. It depends on ht your looking for, to where to look. Try www.fordtractorspares.co.uk got stuff of him before

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭oflynno

cliffords garage in ballymacelligott,in between tralee and castleisland have a load of stuff for the old fords

i was down there and reckon you could throw together a 4000 with no engine with the bits the have in a few hours

and they are reasonably priced
    http://tractorparts.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Mark Corrigan

I have got many parts from
    www.agrilineproducts.com
    They have a good parts range and good price it takes about 2 wks to arrive or you can go to
    www.agrilineproducts.ie
    and get the parts from Ireland

thanks for all the help but i have one more query: what is the small ring for that comes with the diesel fuel filter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭oflynno

when you take off the old filter there should be a metal leg sticking down,if you look up under it you will see the small "O" ring in its place there,and thats what its for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Johnieclare

Hi, just a quick question for you, I had to do the steering on my 4000, I've messed up the wireing, its starting off the key, but I've no lights on the dashboard? Would appreciate any advice, John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Advertisement