Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google earth street view car?

Options
  • 17-10-2010 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

anyone know when they did roscommon area? and more specific would they have been taking images in the last month to 6 weeks??

this is vv important to me, need to find out asap..google will not reply to my contact.:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭antocann

it was all done well over a year ago ,
    found my self and my car on it , reason i know is cos i sold my car over a year ago

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭celtboy1888

antocann....and you live roughly where in roscommon?
    if you dont mind me asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

I was at a wedding in Kilronan Castle last year the 8th of May. I seen it driving around that area on the 9th. So whenever they took those pics it would be close enough to that date give or take a few weeks maybe.

about 20 mins from the town ,

if you dont mind m asking what is it you need to find out about it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭celtboy1888

well it is a work thing, cant say too much as it might end up a fraud case, but if i can confirm that a particular pic was taken before the 1/09/2010 i can save a company a **** load of money and uncover a fraudster...if you know wot i mean....really important,

• Advertisement

those pics on google maps were taking well before that , so hope you have some luck with the confirmation from google ,

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

well it is a work thing, cant say too much as it might end up a fraud case, but if i can confirm that a particular pic was taken before the 1/09/2010 i can save a company a **** load of money and uncover a fraudster...if you know wot i mean....really important,

the pics were taken months ago going by the changes in my area since then.i would say more than a year ago.i live within ten mins of roscommon town.could you contact google and enquire?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭In my opinion

I was at a wedding in Kilronan Castle last year the 8th of May. I seen it driving around that area on the 9th. So whenever they took those pics it would be close enough to that date give or take a few weeks maybe.

You are spot on. In addition if you look at a lot of towns such as Elphin as an example, various parties election posters for Local and Euro elections are up the election was in early June 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I would go with spring 09 as well (Boyle). One of the women I work with was able to tell me that based on the flowers that were out in her garden when the view of her house was captured. She reckoned Boyle could have been done around March.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭morcheen k

only noticed they had done the streetview last week,had a good look around erritt :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement