Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Products Of Digestion

Options
  • 17-10-2010 1:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭

Any what they are please?

Also, what page of the 'Biology' book would I find the answer in please? This is the book I am talking about:

Leaving-Certificate-Biology-Revised-Edition.jpg

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Crasp

Simple carbohydrates (carbs)
    Amino Acids (proteins)
    Fatty Acids (lipids)

Is that what you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I think lol.

This is the question I have to answer:

Name the parts of the digestion system in which the following are absorbed into the blood.

(1) The products of digestion
    (2) Water

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Crasp

I think lol.

This is the question I have to answer:

Name the parts of the digestion system in which the following are absorbed into the blood.

(1) The products of digestion
    (2) Water

Thanks.

the answer they are looking for is probably the small intestine tbh, as that's where most of the absorption takes place. The "products of digestion" would be formed higher up in the gastroinitestinal tract. I don't think the actual products are too important to this particular question, they just want to know where food is absorbed from after it has been broken down by digestion.

Water is mostly absorbed in the large intestine I believe?

Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Crasp wrote: »
    the answer they are looking for is probably the small intestine tbh, as that's where most of the absorption takes place. The "products of digestion" would be formed higher up in the gastroinitestinal tract. I don't think the actual products are too important to this particular question, they just want to know where food is absorbed from after it has been broken down by digestion.

Water is mostly absorbed in the large intestine I believe?

Hope this helps.
    Thank you for your help.

Advertisement